Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
4,097 Posts
Scarped the bottom a few times or constantly? in order for the bumper to fall off clips on both sides must breaks, clips in the engine compartments and clips at the bottoms of the bumper, it would take a shit load of scrapes for that to happen. are you a woman by any chance?

·
NYC-718
185 Posts
that must me a joke because the wheel well is a short screw that holds the bumper to the plastic and theres no way that could have just gave away..

·
Registered
873 Posts
Damn. It takes a lot of force to rip the bumper off.
What did you hit?
Looks like it could have caught on to one of those parking stoppers.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Looks like he drove too far into the parking block when he parked. Then when he backed out, the bumper got caught and tore off.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Sounds right fuzz. Oh and this is a good picture to point out something. That black box is the intake resonator.
lol. Is that how ours look too?
Cause i don't see where it is connected to the air box.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
lol. Is that how ours look too?
Cause i don't see where it is connected to the air box.
The piping is on the other side that you can't see and it goes up into the engine bay. The CAI piping will come down where the box is and the filter will be on the front side of it, right behind the fog light.

·
Should Have Went 5peed
309 Posts
You can literally drive your car without the bumper clips and bumper screw. i tried =:lmao: So someone must have taken the bumper out as a joke. otherwise it would fall off :lmao:

·
.Net developer
156 Posts
someone tried to take your bumper off before you walked out there IMO:dunno:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Left side only. The right side stayed connected. Looking at it the holes had ripped through. Afterwords I removed the right screw and about 5 plastic rivets on the right that were still holding on. Threw the bumper into a friend's truck to get home.

More to the story: About two weeks ago I hit a opossum. I thought that I was lucky as it left only a tiny mark. I guess the bumper cover must have flexed and then popped back as it looked OK. The only thing was that it would scrape a bit when I would back out of my driveway. Then today it caught on the parking stop.

·
Registered
873 Posts
wonder how they got the clips off under the hood.:dunno:

·
Leased a VW_My life ****s
2,105 Posts
Hahaha... I don't know what else to say. I mean, you need special degrees from school to make something like this happen by "scraping the bottom here and there". Wow!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts