Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I’m getting a lunar silver 2.0 T Accord sport today from a local dealer. It has been a goal of mine for over a year to get this car and I am VERY excited. I plan on making a few adjustments to the car, however, I am not sure if I want to go the aftermarket pathway. I am really focused on getting most of the game changing adjustments through OEM parts. I was just wondering if the dealership would wrap the wheels black for me and maybe paint or cover the calipers before I walk out the dealership. I am going for a silver with blue accent look. I will drop a picture of a car that really caught my eye. This car is an exact replica of what I want minus a few of my own satisficatory mods as well. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
Highly unlikely unless it is a dealer that specializes in aftermarket accessories. They may contract a 3rd party who can complete these items. Although you are going to pay an unnecessary amount for them to simply be the middleman. You are better off finding a shop on your own to do these mods.

On another note, you do not want to wrap the wheels using vinyl. Vinyl is pretty strong, but it is not immune to rock chips. I would suggest a coating such as plastidip or RAAIL Coatings for the wheels if you do not want to paint them. They are peelable coatings that will protect the wheels and can be touched up as needed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Most dealerships will do anything for a price. It's up to you to decide if that price is worth it. I agree with grumpypolecat that it is likely more cost effective to get this done at an independent shop. If you really want the dealer to do it though another option is to buy the Honda accessory wheels for the Accord that come in all black.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Highly unlikely unless it is a dealer that specializes in aftermarket accessories. They may contract a 3rd party who can complete these items. Although you are going to pay an unnecessary amount for them to simply be the middleman. You are better off finding a shop on your own to do these mods.

On another note, you do not want to wrap the wheels using vinyl. Vinyl is pretty strong, but it is not immune to rock chips. I would suggest a coating such as plastidip or RAAIL Coatings for the wheels if you do not want to paint them. They are peelable coatings that will protect the wheels and can be touched up as needed.
Alright. I will try to find a third party and get them to plasti dip the rims, or possibly do it myself for probably a fraction of the price. While I’m at it I will see if I can paint the calipers blue myself as well. Thank you for your help guys! Greatly appreciated.

Most dealerships will do anything for a price. It's up to you to decide if that price is worth it. I agree with grumpypolecat that it is likely more cost effective to get this done at an independent shop. If you really want the dealer to do it though another option is to buy the Honda accessory wheels for the Accord that come in all black.
I actually liked those glint back wheels but they are heavier and also $300+ a wheel. I agree it is kind of an overkill, when I can get an aftermarket wheel that looks better or just make the stock rims black.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts