Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Honda Accord EX-L 1.5L 2019
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1.5-liter Honda Accord 2019. The basic wheels of the car are 17 inches with the original suspension system. I bought a package of rims for the car, type M621 Avantgarde, size 19 inches, 8.5 inches in front and 9.5 inches in the rear.
What is the maximum suggested tire height for the car so that the smoothness of the ride does not change?
I am very confused and do not know the size of the front and rear tires that do not cause friction in the fenders when loaded
Knowing that I have seen one of them and it has tires of size 255/40 R19

· Registered
1,594 Posts
I own a 1.5-liter Honda Accord 2019. The basic wheels of the car are 17 inches with the original suspension system. I bought a package of rims for the car, type M621 Avantgarde, size 19 inches, 8.5 inches in front and 9.5 inches in the rear.
What is the maximum suggested tire height for the car so that the smoothness of the ride does not change?
I am very confused and do not know the size of the front and rear tires that do not cause friction in the fenders when loaded
Knowing that I have seen one of them and it has tires of size 255/40 R19
Step 1: Identify the size of your OEM wheels/tires. If you have a 2019 Accord with 17" tires... that should be 225/50/17 mounted on 17x7.5" wheels with a 45mm offset.
Step 2: Go to an online tire/wheel calculator. In the past, I've used wheel-size.com.
Step 3: Plug in your OEM wheel size. Then plug in the specs of the 19" wheels that you purchased and play around with the various tire sizes until you find one that the online calculator says will fit while also maintaining the same overall diameter (wheel+tire) so that your speedometer/odometer reading will still be accurate. It doesn't have to be 100% the same- but it should be pretty close... maybe within 1% of OEM spec.

Since you bought wider tires for the rear, you'll have to do this twice- once for the front tires and once for the back tires.

As for smoothness of the ride- it's going to be tough considering the fact that you are going from 17" wheels to 19" wheels- which will be low profile and will ride a bit rougher.

It seems like you have some decisions to make... and it might not be possible to get everything that you are hoping for. The fact that you purchased 19" wheels (with wider tires in the back) seems to indicate that performance is what you might be after. With that said, putting wider tires on the back of a FWD car with a tiny 1.5t motor with less than 200hp sort-of contracts this. If smoothness is your goal- I'd make sure that you go with a high quality tire that is known for its smoothness. It's unlikely that it will be as smooth at your 17" OEM setup though.

Better yet- go to your local tire shop with the specs of the wheels that you purchased and see what they say. A qualified wheel and tire shop should be able to work with you and find something that will hopefully be close to your goal.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Step 1: Identify the size of your OEM wheels/tires. If you have a 2019 Accord with 17" tires... that should be 225/50/17 mounted on 17x7.5" wheels with a 45mm offset. Step 2: Go to an online tire/wheel calculator. In the past, I've used wheel-size.com. Step 3: Plug in your OEM wheel size. Then plug in the specs of the 19" wheels that you purchased and play around with the various tire sizes until you find one that the online calculator says will fit while also maintaining the same overall diameter (wheel+tire) so that your speedometer/odometer reading will still be accurate. It doesn't have to be 100% the same- but it should be pretty close... maybe within 1% of OEM spec. Since you bought wider tires for the rear, you'll have to do this twice- once for the front tires and once for the back tires. As for smoothness of the ride- it's going to be tough considering the fact that you are going from 17" wheels to 19" wheels- which will be low profile and will ride a bit rougher. It seems like you have some decisions to make... and it might not be possible to get everything that you are hoping for. The fact that you purchased 19" wheels (with wider tires in the back) seems to indicate that performance is what you might be after. With that said, putting wider tires on the back of a FWD car with a tiny 1.5t motor with less than 200hp sort-of contracts this. If smoothness is your goal- I'd make sure that you go with a high quality tire that is known for its smoothness. It's unlikely that it will be as smooth at your 17" OEM setup though. Better yet- go to your local tire shop with the specs of the wheels that you purchased and see what they say. A qualified wheel and tire shop should be able to work with you and find something that will hopefully be close to your goal.
Thank you very much for your reply, it was very helpful Yes, the standard tire size is 225/50R17, and the wheel width is 7.5" I know very well that the level of ride comfort will decrease I have already used one of these measurement programs to find out the final size of the tire with the wheel in the case of a 19" size. For example, I suggested sizes 245/45R19 and 255/40R19, and of course I found an increase in the total tire size. What I want to know is to what extent can I raise the tire with 19" wheels, and therefore the total size, and no friction occurs in the fenders with loading, in order to get the best result of comfort. Here is a link to one of them and he actually used 255/40R19 tires with the original suspension system of the car. 2018 Honda Accord Sport with 19x9.5 Verde Axis and Pirelli 255x40 on Stock Suspension | 793303 | Fitment Industries here another one 2019 Honda Accord Sport with 19x9.5 JNC JNC005 and Federal 255x40 on Stock Suspension | 651655 | Fitment Industries

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Step 1: Identify the size of your OEM wheels/tires. If you have a 2019 Accord with 17" tires... that should be 225/50/17 mounted on 17x7.5" wheels with a 45mm offset.
Step 2: Go to an online tire/wheel calculator. In the past, I've used wheel-size.com.
Step 3: Plug in your OEM wheel size. Then plug in the specs of the 19" wheels that you purchased and play around with the various tire sizes until you find one that the online calculator says will fit while also maintaining the same overall diameter (wheel+tire) so that your speedometer/odometer reading will still be accurate. It doesn't have to be 100% the same- but it should be pretty close... maybe within 1% of OEM spec.

Since you bought wider tires for the rear, you'll have to do this twice- once for the front tires and once for the back tires.

As for smoothness of the ride- it's going to be tough considering the fact that you are going from 17" wheels to 19" wheels- which will be low profile and will ride a bit rougher.

It seems like you have some decisions to make... and it might not be possible to get everything that you are hoping for. The fact that you purchased 19" wheels (with wider tires in the back) seems to indicate that performance is what you might be after. With that said, putting wider tires on the back of a FWD car with a tiny 1.5t motor with less than 200hp sort-of contracts this. If smoothness is your goal- I'd make sure that you go with a high quality tire that is known for its smoothness. It's unlikely that it will be as smooth at your 17" OEM setup though.

Better yet- go to your local tire shop with the specs of the wheels that you purchased and see what they say. A qualified wheel and tire shop should be able to work with you and find something that will hopefully be close to your goal.
Oh I forgot
I don't care if the speedometer changes or not

· Registered
354 Posts
Verdestein - look 'em up on Tire Rack. Excellent tires...First experience with them was on a BMW X3 and I got them for my 2018 Accord Sport 2.0L. Excellent traction/wear, they're quiet, excellent tires in all aspects.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts