Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kinda upset at how slow/sluggish my Automatic I-4 07 accord is in its first 2 gears or so. My friends have gotten cold air intakes and short rams on theirs but I dont know what to get.
Granted the price and the less risk points to the short ram. But is the short ram worth anything other than noise?
what do you guys suggest. any pros or cons as to which one choose?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
does your car have MAF sensor? If so Fujita is your only choice for CAI. Short ram not really worth it since it ****s hot air from the engine bay (even thought its behind the battery, eventually everything gets heatsoaked up there). Your probably better off removing the OEM resonator and just using the stock box.

Also does it rain/ flood in your area? If so then CAI will probably not be a good idea. I hope my suggestion help

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in DC so it rains moderately, but what if I put a bypass, wouldnt that eliminate the risk of the water damage?
and if i go the alternate route like u said by removing the OEM sensor, then its going to make that growling sound like the short ram produces?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I live in DC so it rains moderately, but what if I put a bypass, wouldnt that eliminate the risk of the water damage?
and if i go the alternate route like u said by removing the OEM sensor, then its going to make that growling sound like the short ram produces?
Its going to be louder but not like the short ram.

·
Registered
38 Posts
u mean remove the oem resonator. it sits under the battery, its a big POS box. and u gotta get a k&n air filter if u wanna get the growl, ive done the res delete with k&n on my previous 2000 accord and it sounded aggressive, my 06 accord kinda sounds the same but thats only cuz i still have the oem filter in it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts