Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw an amazing feat of engineering on a Forf F150. The snorkel will keep water out of your intake even if the water is up to your windshield, but why? :dunno: If the water is up that high you've got bigger problems.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
hahah your car going to be washed away before you motor blows. That funny. It only takes 2ft of running water to lift 2 tons.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I gather neither of you has ever seen a snorkel on a 4x4 truck before?

From the ARB USA site:

Picture your vehicle at the end of a convoy on a dry, dusty road. As each vehicle before you stirs up dust and debris, your air filter is forced to contain the contaminants as your engine gasps for clean air. Now picture your vehicle entering a river crossing. As the front tires leave the embankment and the vehicle noses into the water, the air intake becomes incredibly vulnerable to water ingestion.

Anyone who has spent time in off road environments almost certainly would have experienced one of these situations, although a solution to the problem is rarely considered until costly engine damage has already occurred.

A Safari snorkel system relocates your engine's air intake point from the relatively low and vulnerable position under the hood to a much higher and safer location where a constant source of cool, clean, dry air is available.

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Yeah, unless they're just doing it to "be cool" they are pretty common in off roading vehicles so that they don't have to worry about bogging down their engine if water gets high enough, also splash up in puddles and stuff too I'm sure.

I'll prolly install on in my Accord here pretty soon.

Jk.

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
1,015 Posts
You guys have a lot to learn.

I pulled this guy out. Luckily it cranked up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts