Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
'15 6-6
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You're stopped. Clutch in, in reverse. You start letting off the clutch to get going but you do it a bit too quickly/let it bite a bit quick. Do you get some chatter or rattling in the drivetrain? Similar to the rattle you get when you shut the car off sometimes (I think it's the dual mass flywheel rattling...)

·
2013 Accord V6-6MT
2,885 Posts
You're stopped. Clutch in, in reverse. You start letting off the clutch to get going but you do it a bit too quickly/let it bite a bit quick. Do you get some chatter or rattling in the drivetrain? Similar to the rattle you get when you shut the car off sometimes (I think it's the dual mass flywheel rattling...)
I have never experienced what you have described.

Perhaps you are on the verge of stalling the engine when you engage the clutch too quickly. That may cause a bit of drivetrain vibration in my experience.

·
Long live the manual
728 Posts
No drive train rattle on this 6 - 6

Whether its starting up / shifting into reverse & letting out the clutch Or shutting off the car I have never heard a rattle Or hum (U2) !

I would take it in for inspection at the very least. Honda master cylinders have been known to go bad on hydraulic clutches.

Is your car still under warranty ? If it is it will cost you nothing but some time.

·
'14 Accord V6 6MT
62 Posts
Yes. I get a slight chatter if I declutch at low rpm, 800-1200RPM, slightly riding the clutch. If I'm in a drive thru where the sound can bounce off the wall, I sightly hear the engine or transmission bouncing against the mounts. Never been something I worried about tho as I never hear it if I keep rpm above 1200 or don't ride the clutch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know what you mean, I've gotten so used to using so little gas when I take off in this car that sometimes when I'm driving super slow and lazy and the a/c is on as well as Eco mode I get that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is likely a normal noise. If it’s what I think you are describing, then the car I drive (2016 EX-L V6 6MT) does the same thing going into reverse and even any other gear from a stop. Likely just chatter from the dual mass flywheel. Other than the chatter, driving performance is not affected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts