Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Honda President
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other cars have various tricks allowing them to switch to being able to open all doors with a single click instead of two clicks.

Has anyone heard if this can be done on the 2008-2012 generation of Honda Accord?

·
Honda Nation
1,679 Posts
Yes. In your owners manual there is a section on programming your locking and unlocking sequence.

·
Honda President
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
People on this and other Honda forums like to post RTFM posts a lot. :(

Care to say which page number it is on because the manual has a section on automatic unlocking while you are still in the car and shift into Park but not while you are outside pressing on the remote UNLOCK button, which what the thread question is.

·
Registered
416 Posts
After reading a couple of your posts, you sir are awfully demanding. After owning various brands of cars and being in quite a few forums, these guys on the Honda board are generally very helpful and knowledgeable.

Now the suggestion above was perfectly reasonable. How should he know what page it's on? You want HIM to take time out of HIS day to find the page number so that YOU don't have to look in the index of the owners manual or google it!?!? Unbelievable.....

If you don't like this board then leave

·
Registered
416 Posts
If something like that is not in the manual, then it can't be done. And in the other thread you were so eager to push the lock button twice, so why not push the unlock button twice?

·
Honda President
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's OK for other people to want different things than we do. It's OK for them to ask questions about using their cars in a different way than we do.

You raised two points. One was that 'if something is not in the manual - it cannot be done.' There may not be an option for this, sure, but for other cars, pressing a combination of buttons accomplishes this and owners of those cars find out which combination to press on forums like this one for other cars - it is not in their manuals either.

So it's OK to ask, and it's also OK to just not post if you don't know.

The other question you raised is inaccurate, as far as the remote key is concerned: the goal is to both lock and unlock all doors with a single click.
*click* - UNLOCK ALL then *click* - LOCK ALL

Engineers should make default whatever they want - but they should also give people an option to do what we want. It's not difficult to program options. $25K-$30K they collect should entitle us to simply ask.

·
Honda Nation
1,679 Posts
It's OK for other people to want different things than we do. It's OK for them to ask questions about using their cars in a different way than we do.

You raised two points. One was that 'if something is not in the manual - it cannot be done.' There may not be an option for this, sure, but for other cars, pressing a combination of buttons accomplishes this and owners of those cars find out which combination to press on forums like this one for other cars - it is not in their manuals either.

So it's OK to ask, and it's also OK to just not post if you don't know.

The other question you raised is inaccurate, as far as the remote key is concerned: the goal is to both lock and unlock all doors with a single click.
*click* - UNLOCK ALL then *click* - LOCK ALL

Engineers should make default whatever they want - but they should also give people an option to do what we want. It's not difficult to program options. $25K-$30K they collect should entitle us to simply ask.
Okay, I thought you were asking about the automatic locking system. Unfortunately there is no way to change the system to unlock all doors with one push of the button.

My 2000 Prelude was set up the exact same way. One press to unlock the driver's door, two presses to unlock the passenger door.

If you want all doors to unlock with one pulse you will need to purchase an aftermarket security system or at minimum modify the factory electronics to trigger a double pulse for the rest of the locks. This function is a design in the electronics of the car's BCM that cannot be changed. You cannot change the factory settings as far as that goes. You CAN change the factory settings on the automatic lock/unlock sequence. That information is found in your owners manual :thmsup:

I will agree with the other posters on here. You seem to be far too demanding for your specific demands for what the Honda Accord offers. My guess is that even in a $250,000 Ferrari there are still things set at the factory that you cannot change or override to suit your demands. Modern cars are pretty sophisticated, even a $14,000 Kia. Enjoy what they offer and don't sweat what they don't. I mean, two presses on your remote button is going to kill you? Really? Are you that smug in other aspects of your life?

·
Registered
416 Posts
1. How can a question be inaccurate?

2. No it was on point. In the other thread numerous people suggested for you to just click the lock button once if you don't like the "HONK HONK." You responded by including a very rare, irrelevant, stick up your ass scenario.

Why don't you complain to the people who designed your airbags and tell them you want them to go off when YOU want. With a little switch on the side of the steering wheel.

Go design your own car.

Goodbye and good day. Life is too short to worry about how many times you have to push the buttons on your remote to unlock the car.

·
Honda President
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I remind you both that for seven years no one could figure out how to simply and non-destructively do some of the things I asked. One of the questions I asked was asked on every single Honda forum out there.

Every single person asking, and there were a lot of people asking, was attacked in a similar manner.

After seven long years, it was finally figured out in my other thread for the first time anywhere on any forum. As for this question, you're probably right that there is no secret button sequence for Hondas. There sure are for other cars. This means it's OK just to ask if there is one for Honda too because a new Honda owner can assume that if something exists for other cars -- it just may exist for Hondas too.

It's OK to say the following in your own house if someone invades your privacy of your own home:

Why would you want to do that?
You shouldn't do that!
Why don't you instead do what I do?
Read the f manual!

This is a public forum where it's OK to ask at least some of the questions I asked, and to get a "It cannot be done for sure" answer if it can't be done.

·
Honda Nation
1,679 Posts
I remind you both that for seven years no one could figure out how to simply and non-destructively do some of the things I asked. One of the questions I asked was asked on every single Honda forum out there.

Every single person asking, and there were a lot of people asking, was attacked in a similar manner.

After seven long years, it was finally figured out in my other thread for the first time anywhere on any forum. As for this question, you're probably right that there is no secret button sequence for Hondas. There sure are for other cars. This means it's OK just to ask if there is one for Honda too because a new Honda owner can assume that if something exists for other cars -- it just may exist for Hondas too.

It's OK to say the following in your own house if someone invades your privacy of your own home:

Why would you want to do that?
You shouldn't do that!
Why don't you instead do what I do?
Read the f manual!

This is a public forum where it's OK to ask at least some of the questions I asked, and to get a "It cannot be done for sure" answer if it can't be done.
You need to sell your Accord and buy a 1964 Chevy. You will be much happier to not have seat belt reminders, automatic or remote door locks, door ajar, or any other annoyance to drive you crazy. You can simply drive down the road with both doors open and no seat belt at 60 mph and there will not be a single light or chime or buzzer to make you pull your hair out.

·
Honda President
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I respect your opinion. For seven years it was the only one served to whoever dared to ask. Hopefully, newly registered members instead of hearing that, will be told two things from now on:

1. Welcome to the forums.
2. Here's how to do what you are asking with a link to my thread.

We live in a new age now. Gone are the days of people forcing their own ways onto others. Customization is now key for all software and hardware markets.

·
Honda Nation
1,679 Posts
I respect your opinion. For seven years it was the only one served to whoever dared to ask. Hopefully, newly registered members instead of hearing that, will be told two things from now on:

1. Welcome to the forums.
2. Here's how to do what you are asking with a link to my thread.

We live in a new age now. Gone are the days of people forcing their own ways onto others. Customization is now key for all software and hardware markets.
Right, customization is for your radio stations, climate control settings, interior lighting colors..... in other words, entertainment.

Customization is NOT for seat belts and door locks - in other words, SAFETY!

Some of the things you ask are federally mandated and the fact that it's even possible for an end user customer to turn off the seatbelt chimes on a Toyota is downright scary and Toyota should be seriously investigated as to why they engineer their cars to be so easily hacked. I do not mince words there.

Makes me even happier I own a Honda.

·
Honda President
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I researched the issue thoroughly before creating the thread. I believe I hit every every Honda forum in the English language. The question was asked on every one of them and without exception, your posts are representative of responses given elsewhere.

I noticed that as long as you give people a somewhat valid reason, they are more open to posting helpful information. I then tried to come up with the most creative story I could to give people a reason to be helpful - that's where the 'tractor' story came from - but all it ended up doing is proving that ultimately that didn't matter - people will attack whoever asks the question, regardless of what their reason for asking is.

Earlier today I was at a lunch telling people about this (they got a kick out of the 1964 Chevy reply btw) and an old grandma asked me if I can do this on her newer Toyota Camry. I said 'what are your reasons for wanting to do this?' She said she goes to Half Price Book Store and puts her books on the passenger seat and the chime is driving her crazy because the car thinks there is a passenger not wearing the seat belt in her car.

Someone then said (correctly) if she asked that on the forum, they (You) would just tell her to get those books off the seat and put them on the floor.

She then said "that's because people think everyone is in the same physical condition they are in." She said "it hurt my back to reach down to the passenger floor." So she drove home with that #[email protected]!^%! chime on.

·
Registered
416 Posts
You have to be over a certain weight for the chime to go off.

And if I'm not mistaken, camry's have a trunk and back seat which is equally easy to get to without hurting your back.

I already stated above: life is too short to worry about this trivial shit. There is always a compromise, and if your parents raised you otherwise then I am very sorry.

·
Honda President
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I knew you would say "well, there's a trunk." I expected that and also for someone to point out how "there's a back seat too".

This old lady has never driven her car without a seat belt on since seat belts were invented! She doesn't need anybody telling her, reminding her or parenting her. She asked for this for her own reasons. Valid reasons. Thousands of other people have their own reasons.

They wear seat belts religiously. Luckily they now have a choice about the chime with Honda too, not just Toyota... without having to justify themselves any more. There is nothing personal about this. A way has finally been found and now people have a choice.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Im glad you found a solution to your world ending problem. Now I'll be able to sleep at night, while you look for other things that you should have a choice on.

·
Honda President
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Those things are all of two:

• Being able to LOCK/UNLOCK all doors with a single click.
• Being able to disable the ultra loud HONK HONK when accidentally pressing the lock button twice.

I will keep you updated. I hope you didn't bet on Denver tonight.

·
Honda Nation
1,679 Posts
Lovely. You've solved world hunger and found a cure for cancer. Get you a couple of Nobel prizes.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts