Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there's a big bend in the highway, I can go 70 or something around the turn on the inside lane, I leave every single vehicle, including motorbikes, behind me because they brake so hard. I have a touring with MXM4 tires. They're just the OEM tires.

Is this the only car capable of doing it other than an R8 or something, or are people just assuming modern vehicles can't do it?

·
Registered
784 Posts
So there's a big bend in the highway, I can go 70 or something around the turn on the inside lane, I leave every single vehicle, including motorbikes, behind me because they brake so hard. I have a touring with MXM4 tires. They're just the OEM tires.

Is this the only car capable of doing it other than an R8 or something, or are people just assuming modern vehicles can't do it?
I can relate. There are times when I get tailgated on a highway on ramp, then I down shift and make use of my upgraded suspension.

Leaving them in the dust, I get aroused. Especially more expensive cars.....

·
Registered
2019 Platinum Pearl White 2.0 Sport 6MT
224 Posts
I can relate. There are times when I get tailgated on a highway on ramp, then I down shift and make use of my upgraded suspension.

Leaving them in the dust, I get aroused. Especially more expensive cars.....
LOL i can't count how many times i see people make the "oh shit" face following me off of a sharp turning off ramp because i just downshift, and they just assume they can follow at the same speed because they didn't see any brake lights.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Lol. I see that face often as well. Dusting luxury brand SUVs on sharp curves gives me a natural high. Not showing brake lights, thinking they can keep up but to their surprise, oh shut, like you said.

·
Registered
784 Posts
ill smoke your your dumbass your car is slow sick bro
I believe you, homie!

But my dumba$$ has more fun shifting gears, bro.

Edit: my own gears, bro!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Lol. With your grammar style. I'm guessing you're still a teenager, bro.

Regardless, your 2008 v6 auto, is an incredible machine.....

·
Registered
2008 coupe v6 auto
73 Posts
58 yrs punk

with all your mods ill kick ur ass

i wish i had a 6speed

you can call me uncle

·
Registered
784 Posts
58 yrs punk
Sorry, Dad!

It's just your writing style sounds immature with all that name calling and no punctuation marks.

But seriously, try not to use profanity on this forum. There's the chance of getting band here.

Edit: banned, not band.

you can call me uncle
Lol...

Reactions: Notch_R

·
Registered
784 Posts
And I'll never assume how young a fellow forum member is here on our forum.

Yeah. Slow sick sounds funny..... Lol

That's why I thought you're still in high school.

I'm 48 years-old, so talk to you later big brother.

I had fun chatting with you, bro!

Another thing I realized is "gag me with a spoon" you mentioned, that was from the early 1980s Valley Girl movie.

Just reading over our discussion again. None of the young crowd will know that saying. You're definitely cool.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Damn… this thread is all over the place lol

With that said, unless OP has amazing upgraded suspension and really good performance tires (stock Michelin’s won’t cut it driving like that), driving THAT aggressively is asking for trouble. It’s an Accord, a sporty family car, it ain’t a Porsche Cayman lol. Stay safe out there.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Damn… this thread is all over the place lol

With that said, unless OP has amazing upgraded suspension and really good performance tires (stock Michelin’s won’t cut it driving like that), driving THAT aggressively is asking for trouble. It’s an Accord, a sporty family car, it ain’t a Porsche Cayman lol. Stay safe out there.
This thread was 🍿🍿🍿 LOL
Overall Accords handle pretty decent... but, not a race car by any means.
My 9g Sport handles decent for a heavy fwd sedan, it surprised me when I put good tires on it. Long sweeping corners it does remarkably well. Only time I really wish it was better is on the really tight twisty roads.... thats where you feel the weight and fwd gets boring.

Reactions: Honda2014

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
1,070 Posts
This thread reads like a middle school girls' group chat.

Also, yes, us young folks (22 here) have no idea what "gag me with a spoon" is from. Sounds kind of kinky to be totally honest.

Anyway, for OP's actual discussion, I don't drive like that because at least the 8th gen sedan has a fair amount of "body roll" on turns. While she could probably handle 70 MPH on a turn like that, the body roll feeling makes me a little uncomfortable. Despite having a much lower risk than SUV's, sedans can still flip.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I did the 4g TL 19mm rear bar swap on my 9g a few months ago, stock is a 14mm I think. I really noticed body roll after putting on new Michelin pilot sport all seasons, which led me to try it out. The 19mm bar really helped with reducing body roll, makes sweeping corners feel much more controlled & lane changes on the freeway are a lot more confidence inspiring now. Worth every penny of the ~$80.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I like the stock suspension of 4G TL. It does pretty well for what it is and has noticeably less amount of body roll than the Accords on stock suspension, it seems. At least, that's what I feel vs. the '20 Accord. That said, I'm personally looking to upgrade it to the 20mm sway bar to get a bit of improvement.

Coming from the RWD G like yourself, it's understandable for you to be able to tell the handling limits of a FWD Accord easily. For some reason, I remember the 8G I4 being a great handling Accord too several years ago when I was test driving one to find a replacement for my mom's car. It handled so well to me that made me regret a bit of going with the V6 when I had my 8G. I wanted to buy it there until the salesman thought it was cool to withhold the fact that one side of the car's quarter panel was really messed up. Not a word of it was mentioned online or during the entire test drive. When I asked for a price drop of 1k and was refused, I naturally walked away. With that being said, the 8G V6 was also great (minus the VCM, that is), just not quite as well a handler as the I4 Accord in the same gen as far as I remember. Maybe it was more nose heavy or something. It just didn't feel quite as nimble as the 4 cyl version.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I like the stock suspension of 4G TL. It does pretty well for what it is and has noticeably less amount of body roll than the Accords on stock suspension, it seems. At least, that's what I feel vs. the '20 Accord. That said, I'm personally looking to upgrade it to the 20mm sway bar to get a bit of improvement.

Coming from the RWD G like yourself, it's understandable for you to be able to tell the handling limits of a FWD Accord easily. For some reason, I remember the 8G I4 being a great handling Accord too several years ago when I was test driving one to find a replacement for my mom's car. It handled so well to me that made me regret a bit of going with the V6 when I had my 8G. I wanted to buy it there until the salesman thought it was cool to withhold the fact that one side of the car's quarter panel was really messed up. Not a word of it was mentioned online or during the entire test drive. When I asked for a price drop of 1k and was refused, I naturally walked away. With that being said, the 8G V6 was also great (minus the VCM, that is), just not quite as well a handler as the I4 Accord in the same gen as far as I remember. Maybe it was more nose heavy or something. It just didn't feel quite as nimble as the 4 cyl version.
I'd say the extra weight of a V6 vs I4 in a FWD car is rarely beneficial when it comes down to handling. Growing up my first car a '99 Accord EX 4 cylinder. My close friend had a '01 Accord EX-L V6. We traded keys numerous times, the V6 just felt heavy when turning. The power was nice though! His V6 would pull 1-2 car lengths on me every time.

Yeah finding the limit is certainly easier with the Accord:p. But in all seriousness, its a decent handling car for what it is. I had Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my G35 and have Pilot Sport All Season 4 on my Accord; 235s on both. I pushed my G35 quite hard dozens of times going through the canyons of greater LA and coastal area. I found that finding the limits was defined, but never really punishing. You can teeter around them and the car never complained or got unsettled. The car liked to be turning, and stabbing the throttle mid-corner with T/C off meant a little bit of.... fun. I had genuine fun wheeling that car, kudos to Nissan for that. I drove a few Q50s and G37s before I decided on getting another Accord, the main reason was insurance and I was worried about gas going above $5/gallon. Just paid $4.49 for regular today!

I rarely push my Accord, but when I have I'm always taken back a little. I've found that the limits are a little abrupt and when you find them that's basically when the fun is over. But, the limit is much higher than I had anticipated. You definitely know its FWD when you huck it in to a corner, but Honda definitely put some time and effort into the suspension set up. Not to mention its McPherson struts! Adding the 19mm rear bar only made it better and the front grip more predictable. Its above my expectations for a car that I'm daily driving ~20k miles/year on that get 30+mpg.

Reactions: Honda2014
1 - 20 of 50 Posts