Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 04 accord tourer with a blown 2.2 ictdi engine....it has been painstakingly re-built with genuine parts and has cost over £800 in parts alone....it was surprisingly easy to start and sat running for 30 mins while we made sure the thermostst was working properly.Next morning we drained the water and put proper coolant in and tried to start it ....NO GO!!! eventually it started after just starting and stopping after a couple of seconds(about 50 times).Any way we took it out for a few miles and it seemed to run ok although the eml is on (probably because ignition has been on while all connectors under bonnet were disconnected???)...got home ,turned it off and tried to re start but no go again ,had a friend clear all codes with a reader tried to start it again and put reader back on....it said the camshaft position sensor had a fault so @ the cost of £95 I replaced it ..we did have it running for a couple of miles..guess what .....it still wont start every time,it just fires for a couple of seconds and stops again:paranoid:...after replacing the cam sensor I still have the eml on and now the glow plug light is constantly flashing....any ideas Princess???:notworthy

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
I'm sensing (qutie strongly) this is an U.K. "situation", there is only one U.K. forum member here that I know of, and 99.9% of the members wouldn't know a thing about the TDI engines in a Honda across the pond.

I doubt even Princess would be able to get any useful information for an U.K. Honda........

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,850 Posts
For now the diesels here are in heavy duty pickup trucks and, in your terms, lorries. The very few diesels found in cars here are older Volkswagens and a few older Mercedes. We will not get the Honda diesel offered to us until 2009. Diesel fuel here is much more expensive than petrol so it will be a tough sell to the U.S. unless the mileage and power is spectacular. I have seen four or five diesel powered cars here in the last five years. While in the UK last year I saw five diesels every five seconds!!!

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Is it possible that you missed a tooth/gear when putting the cam shaft back in?:dunno: It's a common mistake.

I'm not familiar with diesels at all, but if the code you keep getting is the cam shaft, then logic would say it's at the root of the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts