Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I would like to thank you all for having me on the forums. My name is Robert and I am one class away from being a Mechanical Engineer (going back to scool at 30 years old was tough, but turning 34 soon and I'm a grad). I have taken a few classes regarding Electrical Engineering and it has given me a good base to do wiring and testing.

What I have going on is I committed Grand Theft Auto last night by stealing my fiance's car while she was at work and taking it to the college campus to install a remote start. I have a business 2 hours north where I'm originally from so since school has been over for the last week, I have been home testing my skills earlier in the week on my Jeep before touching her car.

I came back to where she lives and my school is but told her I was going to be very late to disguise my efforts to do the installation. I wasn't done by the time she got off at 11pm, so I put it together and took the car back in time for it to cool down and appear I hadn't taken it. Once she went to bed, I went and stole it again and after a few hours, I have the bypass module functioning, the car starts and runs fine and everything regarding controlling the engine from the remote is good.

What I need help with is the voltage for the door locks and the controls. I have not been able to find any information on the voltage or currents that should be sent to the locks. I know the lock solonoids act as a negative pulse, but if 12 volts is too much for the system, it could cause problems in overloading.

Does anyone know or could point in the right direction for the details on the electrical system for this car?

On a side note, my intentions was to give her MY remote for my Jeep for Christmas so when I take her outside to show her how it works, when she hits the button my vehicle starts instead of hers and I could shout "see, it's already installed...anytime you want to borrow my Jeep, it will be toasty warm! Merry Christmas!!"

- Let the sparks fly for a moment -

Then I would give her the right FOB....

But, I had to drive my father's truck down to pick up some stuff I'm doing for the school. I really wanted to do this, but I just couldn't make it work without driving 2 round trips.

Take care and hopefully somebody can help,
Robert

·
VTAKKKK
1,710 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts