Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys,

Wifey has a 2000 Accord V6 EX trim w/ 126k miles. While driving on the highway yesterday she experienced some idle hesitation which drew a check engine light. I had the codes read at Pep Boys and came up with the codes 171 MAF Sensor & 1129 MAP Sensor. I understand you can clean the MAF Sensor but can you clean a MAP Sensor? Also, where exactly is the MAP sensor located on this model vehicle?

Coincidently, I also had the code read at Autozone, it didn't have the same reading as Pep Boys, it came up with a faulty ATF Temperature Sensor. I did some research and couldn't find much information on this. Is anyone familiar with this sensor?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Super Moderator
4,855 Posts
A MAF can be cleaned with MAF cleaner. Not sure about the MAP sensor, but I don't see why not.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone ever tried cleaning a MAP Sensor?

·
4,637 Posts
This may help:

Oops, sorry. Only the hybrid has a maf in gen 7.

You need to determine why it's adding fuel.

Cleaning the map sensor serves no purpose, as it's diaphragm and electronics are internal.

What is map voltage at hot idle?

I looked over the whole thread, what's the mileage on your car?

When you mean it runs bad vs good, say accelerating in 3rd or 4th gear, from 1500 to 6000, what does the engine do?

I'm not entirely clear on how exactly its running. Also, what kind of fuel economy are you getting and what type of driving does the car mainly see.
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?p=925767&highlight=map+sensor#post925767

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.