Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Can I put 51R-E battery in '06 Accord 4 cylinder?

7K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Infamous bear 
#1 ·
I have an 06 accord 4 cylinder. It takes a 51R- S .I was wondering if I can put a 51R- E battery in it without it messing anything up.

#3 ·
What exactly do you mean "without messing anything up"?

Are you asking if it will fit without modification?

Are you asking if the battery will be of sufficient power/amps/CCA for your needs?
Yes I was wondering will it needs mods to work or can I just throw it in and it work. And will it power the 06 enough or will it over power it. I dont want to fry anything.

Actually I just found I can put a group 35 with 640 cca in. I just need the bigger ground wire thats used in the 6 cylinder. It's bigger and its not as expensive as the weak one that's supposed to go in it.

#9 · (Edited)
- about half way down the page, paragraph starting with "Some flooded batteries are offered in N & S versions".

#13 ·
If you remove the underside tray and the OEM enclosure, there are a great number of other battery sizes that can fit into the 4 cylinder. The sizes are more common and cheaper as noted above. There is a long thread in this forum that covers the whole thing. I have a 24 or 75 in mine (can't remember which). More CCA and fits fine with no mods other than lift and enclosure removal.

#15 ·
How much do you all pay for batteries? I got the one for my 07 4 cylinder for 87 bucks out the door with that 100 month warranty from a Honda dealer I worked at that my employee discount still works at. No issues so far. Going 4 years no hiccups. I think they want like 132 installed after tax. Not bad considering advance auto parts charges 164.99 plus tax for the same thing with 3 year warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.