Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 accord coupe v6 6 speed manual fully loaded navi and all and honda factory performance package. As with my year accord we have the 3.0 V6 engine. My friend has an 05 acura engine 3.2L V6 with paperwork stating that it has 60k miles. He told me its a direct swap and i was wondering if it was true. I need the car it came from wiring harness and computer? Is it a direct swap? whats involved? any info appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did search can you point me in the right direction instead of saying that maybe im missing a key word. im new to accords but the other forums ive been on atleast they point you in the right direction

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Before you get distraught by any more posts, let's take some time to think about what you're asking. I am in no way discouraging this swap or modifications in general.

Performance-wise:

J30A5: 244hp @6244 rpm
211ft lbs @5000 rpm

J32A3: 270hp @6200 rpm
238ft lbs @5000 rpm

There's a heck-of-a-lot of work to be done to swap an engine and the harness and ecu. More work than what I would consider being "worth it" for a measly 26hp and 27 ft lbs. If you're insistent on increasing power, I would suggest following the footsteps of someone like DA member Sonnick who, as I recently as I recall, put down 274 hp/237ft lbs to the wheels. This is a N/A J30 with bolt-ons and a few more involved mods (much less involved than a complete swap). I would recommend that you consider modding the J30 before jumping to a J32, unless the new engine is acquired for next to nothing. If you do the swap, make sure to make a write up. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks and my engine 2 of the rings are going downhill thats why i was thinking about it. as far as swapping i would do it with my friend whos had experence with accord swaps. so if i swap engine with harness and ecu everything should work properly correct

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Depends. If the TL is an automatic, you'll need to buy a 6 speed ECU. If your friend has experience with Accord swaps, wouldn't he know what you need? I am only going off of info I found on another unnamed Accord forum.

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
Are you getting the motor for free?

I didn't read any of the links but I'd imagine you're at least in for all new engine control units, transmission control units, making sure the Acura units interface properly with Honda's chassis management units, possibly different MAF's and O2 sensors, will the intake and exhaust manifold fit or need modification/custom parts, etc.

Would certainly be a neat project to undertake but if you have to pay for it bolt ons might get you the same gain.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the info and i can get it from him for 200 for the engine wiring harness and ecu. my engine is on the way out with ring blowbye and 2 cylinders compression in the 150s while the rest are 210 and 215. what im thinking is the engine he has he has paperwork saying that its low miles so it would be cheaper then ripping mine apart. i go as far as removal as far as rebuilding id have to take it somewhere.

ok so im doing the 3.2 swap on sunday i talked with my friend and his buddy who have done swap with this engine before on civics and other accords. they tell me i dont need to change harness or ecu. they said we are going to put on a vtec controller and possibly fuel pressure regulator. ill let you guys know how it goes

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
One of the threads listed indicate using the 3.0 ecu makes the car run lean.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya I said that and they told me the fuel pressure regulator and something else they had will stop that. I'll post exactly what we used and results. I have a friend and his friend plus me working on it Sunday. His friend has done countless j32 swaps in some accords and civics

UPDATE:

Didn't do the swap. Got the engine home, examined it and it was a piece so I returned it and I'm back to the drawing board

1 - 12 of 12 Posts