Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1 UP
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to keep the stock display up top while adding a new head unit to the middle of the dash.

·
Where to start???
341 Posts
Does anyone know how to keep the stock display up top while adding a new head unit to the middle of the dash.
I'm no expert but its probably possible if you get a reverse wiring harness and relocate the stock radio to the trunk with some kind of mount. I don't know if it would recognize the new stereo's radio stations and display them though.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
All you get to keep is the A/C display and that's only on auto climate control models.

I'm no expert but its probably possible if you get a reverse wiring harness and relocate the stock radio to the trunk with some kind of mount. I don't know if it would recognize the new stereo's radio stations and display them though.
Even if you did that it would just display what the OEM radio was set to.

·
1 UP
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any ideas guys. anyone do it?

·
Mike
841 Posts
any ideas guys. anyone do it?
The question is a tad ambiguous.

The top has the LCD.
The centre has the A/C knobs, buttons and volume control.
The bottom has the cubby.

What part of the dash do you want to cut out or modify to fit this new head unit?

Are you wishing to mount it behind the centre where the existing Head unit is and interface the new unit into the existing radio/CD controls? I hope not.

Of coures, if you are talking about a GEN 8 then thing are different again, I have seen people talking about modding G8 head units somewhere?

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
We assume you have a 2008 or later Accord. It is helpful to identify your vehicle so people don't have to guess. If you have a 2008 or later, it is not possible because the upper display is proprietary to the stock head unit. When you remove the stock head unit, you will lose the display. There are no aftermarket stereos that can send data to that display. That is the price you pay for an aftermarket stereo. So if you want the upper display, then keep the stock stereo and replace the speakers, add an amp, etc.

·
1 UP
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We assume you have a 2008 or later Accord. It is helpful to identify your vehicle so people don't have to guess. If you have a 2008 or later, it is not possible because the upper display is proprietary to the stock head unit. When you remove the stock head unit, you will lose the display. There are no aftermarket stereos that can send data to that display. That is the price you pay for an aftermarket stereo. So if you want the upper display, then keep the stock stereo and replace the speakers, add an amp, etc.
i kind of figured... but yes i have a 8th gen. if you read my description, and were familar with 8th gens, you'd know that (but it was my fault) because a belize blue is only avail on an accord coupe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts