Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Just got an accord last week, I wanted to upload some cool wallpapers to the background of the I-mid screen, but the clock is always in the way (and smack in the middle of the display screen) is it possibly to remove the clock, so it's just the picture/wallpaper that you see??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Look in the Owner's manual under customized features. It's found under System Settings/Clock Wallpaper Type/Analogue/Digital/Small Digital/Off

This will probably remove the clock from the top of the display when on the other screens.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,459 Posts
If you want to remove the clock from the clock screen then just choose clock type NONE.

That's what I did to show my. Back to the future wallpaper. My kids loved it.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
I have a question along this line. My screen is always black. I went to the clock/wallpaper screen and uploaded a picture of a bull terrier puppy for my wife. cture. I hit the set button, but my screen is still black.

I have looked in the owner's manual trying to find more help, but it baffles me how to get her bull terrier puppy on the screen for her.

Thanks for any help you can give me. I am not at all tech savy so please keep that in mind.

·
Rhymes with Mick & Quick
1,670 Posts
Are you sure you didn't inadvertently shut off the screen through the settings? Does it display audio/fuel economy info?

Mick

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a question along this line. My screen is always black. I went to the clock/wallpaper screen and uploaded a picture of a bull terrier puppy for my wife. cture. I hit the set button, but my screen is still black.

I have looked in the owner's manual trying to find more help, but it baffles me how to get her bull terrier puppy on the screen for her.

Thanks for any help you can give me. I am not at all tech savy so please keep that in mind.
There are format requirements for wallpaper files. I believe they have to be less than 2MB in size. I'd try resizing the file to a smaller format, such as 1024 x 768 and see if that works. If you need help resizing PM me.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Are you sure you didn't inadvertently shut off the screen through the settings? Does it display audio/fuel economy info?

Mick[/QUOT

I am talking about the large screen and it only shows the clock in the upper right, a music note in the upper left and shows the audio is off when the radio is turned off. The screen is black all of the time. If I turned the screen off would it still show the above mentioned items? If the radio is on it will show the station and sometimes the tune playing although I mostly listen to talk radio.

I have never seen fuel economy on this screen although it is on the small screen in front of the driver.

I haven't a clue what size my photos are, but the system shows that it accepted my photo and even gave me a preview of it. Would it do this if the photo was too large for the system?

If I need to resize I'll definitely pm you as I have no idea of how to do that. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
I have her bull terrier puppy in the screen now and she is excited about her car for the first time. I failed to hit the menu button on the steering wheel. Further reading of the manual got me past that. Thanks again for the help.

·
ШОС Лука
1,914 Posts
Boy, it sure is hard to satisfy your wife, okiescot! :thmsup:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have to come clean on this one. I have the clock turned off and this is my background....

·
Registered
341 Posts
If only I could have this and it updates
This would require an obd2 reader/in conjunction with that "mirroring kit". Then you would have to design an app or use a current app for your phone and re-skin it to look like the GTRs' gauge cluster screen. Anyone up for the challenge? :dunno:

·
Registered
58 Posts
This would require an obd2 reader/in conjunction with that "mirroring kit". Then you would have to design an app or use a current app for your phone and re-skin it to look like the GTRs' gauge cluster screen. Anyone up for the challenge? :dunno:
Sorry, I'm no where near good enough to pull that off

·
Registered
702 Posts
Look in the Owner's manual under customized features. It's found under System Settings/Clock Wallpaper Type/Analogue/Digital/Small Digital/Off

This will probably remove the clock from the top of the display when on the other screens.
I tried this on my car. The big clock on the 4th position is just blank now. But the little digital clock in the upper right is still there. I'd like to get rid of that little clock in the upper right like this guy did:

https://www.driveaccord.net/threads/upgrade-ex-l-head-unit-tips-and-tricks.493065/

See the last pic in this post
https://www.driveaccord.net/threads/upgrade-ex-l-head-unit-tips-and-tricks.493065/post-6754865

1 - 20 of 21 Posts