Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Canada, I have a 2003 2.4L EX-L auto that I enjoy fixing and learning about in the process. It gets a hard going over during the winter and has 290,000 kilometres.

I find I spend a lot time trying to find online suppliers for a specific product. I have no trouble buying from the states as long I can be certain I won't get nailed by customs duties.

Any people residing in Canada know of a local bricks and mortar that will take call-in or money orders within Canada? Online suppliers in Canada and USA are an obvious option too.

Some of the parts I am entertaining myself with the thought of getting are coil-overs, head gasket kit, valves & valve stem seals..

What are your recommendations?

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
I've had really good experiences placing orders with Curry Acura's website and local scrapyards, have ordered some cheap stuff off EBay (like window visors), and picked up a few items here in the classified section of DA.

But I can't speak to "aftermarket performance" items purchased new ... sorry.

Happy hunting !!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Delray Acura in the US ships to Canada. By using USPS, you only pay taxes and 8$ duty fee...and when you are lucky, no taxes or custom fees!

Majestic Honda can ship at the border, then you go pick it up in the US (see www.kinek.com for a place to pick-up). You pay taxes when crossing the border.

Rock auto ships to Canada and has good prices and fast shipping. No custom duties or taxes to pay at reception.

In Canada, everything is way more expensive, so I buy locally just when I need something really fast...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts