Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dilemma, I like the look of the 19" rims size better on my 2013 Accord, but the tires are considerably more expensive. Everywhere I look the rims costs the same, but the 19" tires run more. What are people's thoughts on 20" rims and those that have them do you have any issues with them rubbing? I have seen several on the Internet with 20's but they look like they have been lowered too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
916 Posts
The 20" rims weigh more and will hurt your mpg and acceleration to a small degree, they also cost more than the 19" rims (when comparing identical models). These things may offset the extra cost for the 19" tires.

On top of that I also think the 19" looks better than the 20". You are upgrading the rims for the looks so might as well get what you think looks best.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I run 245/40/19 on an 8.5 inch rim at stock ride height and I have in some places an inch at most for clearance in the front. That being said if you go to a 35 series or 30 series you will have no problem fitting 20's all around but at stock ride height 20's give a monster truck appearance and 19's look just right!

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have the HFP 19's. I got them because they were specifically designed for the Accord and figured they would eliminate the issues of vibration, wobbling and rubbing. My tires are expensive but that's because I live in Chicago and needed a good set of all-seasons. I've never fitted the car with 20's but I can only imagine how much harder the ride would be as you would have to use thinner tires to keep your speedometer from being off.

·
PLATINUM PLAYER
82 Posts
19s

accord don't need dubz, no what I be sayin

Hey kyxxer do you have any pics of your setup and which offset do you have?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
coupe or sedan?

generally 20's look too big, but when done right it look good.

Personally, I'd go 19's. Depends on the look your going for. Spend some time in the wheel thread, find out what you like. 19" tires are a touch more $$$ but just shop around

·
Registered
114 Posts
19s

accord don't need dubz, no what I be sayin

Hey kyxxer do you have any pics of your setup and which offset do you have?
To get these wheels to fit I had to use a 1/4 spacer and grind down my break caliper on the edge

Text Font Line Screenshot Document
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Bumper
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Car Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire
Asphalt Grass Road surface Tree Architecture

·
PLATINUM PLAYER
82 Posts
damn you had to grind calipers and use spacers. do the coupes and sedans have that big of a different fitment? or do you have aftermarket calipers?

·
Registered
810 Posts
To get these wheels to fit I had to use a 1/4 spacer and grind down my break caliper on the edge
:thumbsdow That right there makes it not worth it.

·
PLATINUM PLAYER
82 Posts
I'm trying to figure out why that was necessary, the stock 18s are 8" wide with a 55 offset which would put it closer to the calipers

·
Registered
114 Posts
damn you had to grind calipers and use spacers. do the coupes and sedans have that big of a different fitment? or do you have aftermarket calipers?
no all stock and i believe they are the same.... just make sure you order the right wheels....i got a deal i couldn't pass up

:thumbsdow That right there makes it not worth it.
it was worth it! i only paid $120 a wheel haha got them from the blemish list they retail for $280-$300 depending on the shop :thmsup: :thumbsup:

·
S mode
382 Posts
IMO, anything bigger than 18" makes the 9th gen looks ghetto!! The Accord gotten smaller a bit bigger than a Civic, so big wheels :thumbsdow . 19 & 20 would look nice on a car equivalent size to a BMW 3 series.

I have a dilemma, I like the look of the 19" rims size better on my 2013 Accord, but the tires are considerably more expensive. Everywhere I look the rims costs the same, but the 19" tires run more. What are people's thoughts on 20" rims and those that have them do you have any issues with them rubbing? I have seen several on the Internet with 20's but they look like they have been lowered too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
357 Posts
20 inch staggered on 6MT sport

I went thru four diff sets of 19s..I found 20s too be the sweet spot for me..the car rides the same too me..it's still stock height and I'm not lowering it..I have 20x10 rear 45ET and 20x8.5 front 40ET 275/30/20 and 245/35/20.. No rubbing either. Rims with an outer lip look smaller IMO as opposed to rims without an outer lip..don't get me wrong. The 19s look good,but I wasn't completely satisfied with the look..so I did the 20s..I've been happy ever since lol

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
If u go too page 107 on the wheel thread you'll see a few different pics of my car with the 20s..I posted my car with a few diff sets of 19s as well..I can't remember the page tho lol..with the 19s I did 19x9.5 rear with a 45ET and 19x8.5 front with a 40ET..I used a 245/40/19 tire all the way around..I already had those tires so I used them instead of wider tires for the rear..it worked fine..no issues..hope this helps you..good luck

·
Registered
265 Posts
If you're going with a wheel with a lip, go with 20s.

No lip, 19s.

245/40 tires are much cheaper and easier to find than the "recommended" 235/40. Very little difference in OD or speedometer between the two.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts