Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My android radio doesn't have a radio antenna plug so I guess because I have the EXL 2012 model coupe.. the android radio has the conventional radio plug in the bottom of it. I picked up a Metra for my car from Walmart and tried to install, but I can't figure out for the life of me where in the heck the blue remote wire should go! I tried the Red ACC from the radio, no fuzz or stations, tried, tapping the android plug in the back with the blue wire and still got nothing.. does anyone know?? I've hooked 100s of radios but can't figure this one out.. here are some pics of what I'm looking at..2nd pic I'm trying to figure out what those 2 blue wires by the brake wire are for..currently waiting for the radio company to get with me but it's been 2 days already. If anyone knows anything ... Pppuullease drop that knowledge!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe you need the below adapter, you need to provide power to it, the blue remote might work since it only turns on when the radio is on. Using that wire to power the adapter should work. People mainly use that antenna/remote wire to power on their amps and what not. I don't see why you couldn't use the remote wire to power your antenna adapter. Also the adapter pictured may not be the exact one, it might be a variation of it that you need. You'll need to pull the radio plug out of stock radio too, then connect it to your new adapter.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts