Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a 2014 EX Cvt. I can never get the rpm close to redline. When I floor it (in D) it gets as high as 5500. what more do I need to do to get it to like 6500? I have the Takeda SRI installed.

·
Registered
299 Posts
what more do I need
Eight grand ready for a new engine.

Why on earth would it be someone's top desire to floor an engine (on an Accord, that is; not a Formula 1) and get to the red line, is beyond me.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Eight grand ready for a new engine.

Why on earth would it be someone's top desire to floor an engine (on an Accord, that is; not a Formula 1) and get to the red line, is beyond me.
Are you serious? You are that guy doing 45 in a 65 mph zone, arent you?

If you are not taking it to redline you are doing it wrong...:lmao:

Jay

·
Registered
288 Posts
Trade it in for a manual

·
Tampa FL
373 Posts
so i have a 2014 EX Cvt. I can never get the rpm close to redline. When I floor it (in D) it gets as high as 5500. what more do I need to do to get it to like 6500? I have the Takeda SRI installed.
have you tried placing it on "S" that should take it to redline

·
Registered
299 Posts
So far from that. You can do 80 in 65 mph and not even get close to the red. Maybe he forgot to shift it to D from L...

·
Registered
396 Posts

Jay
Or better yet, stop light racing FTW:lmao:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

Jay
This is why I never buy used cars :)

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
I've found unless I manual shift (1,2, D3) then my car won't go all the way to redline. It'll always stop a few hundred shy. 1st gear redline on ye-olde AT was at 40 mph.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts

Here are three videos that all show the CVT holding the rpm at 6,500 rpm under full throttle. You may have something wrong with your car. That is where the engine NEEDS to be for full acceleration. When floored the CVT is designed to hold the rpm at peak horsepower. If that is not happening in yours take it to your dealer.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
^^ LOL "when's the shift coming?!"

·
Tampa FL
373 Posts
I've found unless I manual shift (1,2, D3) then my car won't go all the way to redline. It'll always stop a few hundred shy. 1st gear redline on ye-olde AT was at 40 mph.
The 9gen CVT does not have 1,2,3,D (that is for a regural Auto) the CVT has D & S only

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Use the paddle shifters in S mode. I've redline/close to red line plenty of times.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Tell me you at least feel the VVVTTTTEEEECCC! kicking in????!!! :nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
So when is it too late to redline, or at least hit upper RPM range on a new engine? I've gotten close to 6k RPM for a few seconds once or twice on my coupe CVT, but I've never really pushed it that hard. Car has 8,000 miles on it now.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
feels good to redline sometimes :banana::wave:
I know! And to think I get pissed sometimes because my tach has an "8" that I can not get to. Not able to hit redline, that's just cruel...

Jay

1 - 20 of 32 Posts