Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Canyon River Blue?

13K views 55 replies 25 participants last post by  LARRY70GS 
#1 ·
I've been eyeballing Meterorite Gray but there's a Canyon River Blue Touring Hybrid that may be available. Anybody have this color? How is it? Will it be hard to keep clean like black? From pics, it's growing on me.

Thanks for any input.

#3 ·
No haven't seen one in person yet. I'm usually a silver or gray tone guy for ease of upkeep. This will be a work/daily driver for me and will get ran through a good car wash at least once a week but I doubt I'll be hand washing it. I might get it detailed every 6 months. Bought my wife a blue MB C300 that looks nice but she has to keep it clean. The CRB looks lighter than her blue though.

#11 ·
@Splashman24

Couple things. One, that is a most excellent color and you've made a great choice getting it in my opinion. I am really impressed with that color. In fact, just last night I was telling a friend about it and trying to remember the name. I could only remember "river" and that it was some shade of blue.

And two, you don't live in Ohio! The trees where you are have leaves! I hate winter.

#15 ·
Thanks for all the affirmative comments. I was a little hesitant to move to the 11th gen as I really like my 10th gen hybrid. At first I think I was buying in on the “boring looks“ crowd but the more reviews I watched the better the simpler, cleaner styling looked to me. To Kryder, I’m in Tampa Fl so the mileage for me is pretty consistent. I had the optional chrome wheels on my 2018 Hybrid and I consistently averaged 40 mpg for most of the 58,000 mlies I drove the car. The few times I was under 40, was traveling on the highway running 80mph. The mileage would drop significantly running more than 70mph. I will see if they have addressed that in the updated power train.

#16 ·
I think i am going to stick with the accord and worry about winter driving next December!! Now to try and get rid of all the chrome. I wanted to remove chrome emblems but dealership said they arent sure if i can get black H for front since radar is tied to these now. Also cant get black molding for above windows either. I guess i can get those wrapped. Nothing is easy is it? Lol

#22 ·
If that doesn't work I have heard Crutchfield. They have a team that figures out what players and speakers fit in cars. Is the Google access worth the extra money? To me it would seem like we can't even have just a car anymore we have to bring our whole computer along now. One fear I would have of the Google access is that it is probably sending everything back to Google.

This post has been deleted
#28 ·
Mine doesn't rattle and the base is amazing for a factory system. I had some R&B on the other day and while the base isn't as good as an aftermarket system it was definitely good enough for me. You don't feel the vibrations in your gut like a pair of aftermarket 12" subs but you definitely feel something when it hits.

The Bose audio is the only winning feature of the Touring so far for me. The HUD is meh since they dropped the charge/power meter display. I really wanted the HUD to better monitor my gas saving techniques and am super bummed my only options are navigation, speedometer, or driver assist.

The ventilated seats just aren't that good and don't cool me down right now but maybe they will shine when the 100º August heat comes. Google Built In is alright but I can get most of the same functionality from Android Auto or Apple Carplay. It doesn't seem to have a huge amount of connections with the vehicle itself and doesn't have a whole lot of apps (such as Netflix that lets you watch videos while parked).

I could live without the wireless charging but I guess it's nice to have. Same with the rain sensing wipers. I guess the low speed braking control is nice in traffic jams but still annoyed when you come to a complete stop you have to hit the gas to start going again.

i wish it had heated steering wheel as well being that i live in central PA. Cant even buy aftermarket steering wheel yet either and im told those will be 500.

#32 ·
Just got word that my Canyon River Blue Touring should be here FRI. Ordered with painted spoiler, homelink, mudflaps, deflectors, winter mats. Now the wait begins!

#34 ·
Here is my take on 2023 Honda Accord colors.

I don't consider White and Black as colors. These are immortal colors and if you want one, you won't even look at other colors. Other than that, I feel the Red looks the most beautiful with this car but you have to shell out extra $550 for this color. In the free color options, I believe the Canyon River Blue is the best color, it almost has a two tone effect, the only downside is it comes only with black interior. The other fees options are Silver and Meteorite Gray which I feel are ordinary colors and has zero Jazz to them. Meteorite Gray is available with Grey interior which can be a deal breaker for someone. And finally it's the Urban Gray Pearl which again comes with Black interior. I feel this color will not age well and with $550 as an extra option, I don't think it's a good spend.
On a side note- All Touring and EX-L come with light color headliner and I feel the black seats create a nice visual contrast instead of Gary interior which looks almost beige and creates an monotonous feel inside the cabin. Colors are very personal preference but I shared my 2 cents.

#40 ·
Here is my take on 2023 Honda Accord colors.

I don't consider White and Black as colors. These are immortal colors and if you want one, you won't even look at other colors. Other than that, I feel the Red looks the most beautiful with this car but you have to shell out extra $550 for this color. In the free color options, I believe the Canyon River Blue is the best color, it almost has a two tone effect, the only downside is it comes only with black interior. The other fees options are Silver and Meteorite Gray which I feel are ordinary colors and has zero Jazz to them. Meteorite Gray is available with Grey interior which can be a deal breaker for someone. And finally it's the Urban Gray Pearl which again comes with Black interior. I feel this color will not age well and with $550 as an extra option, I don't think it's a good spend.
On a side note- All Touring and EX-L come with light color headliner and I feel the black seats create a nice visual contrast instead of Gary interior which looks almost beige and creates an monotonous feel inside the cabin. Colors are very personal preference but I shared my 2 cents.
Would have loved the blue but just as this post states, the interior for me was more important than the exterior color and I personally love the grey interior. So I opted for the Meteorite Gray metallic. I do wish there were more color combos available!

#38 ·
Me too, I just need my damn car and some warm weather (lol). I like the design of them, wider than others and doesn't stick way out. Install straight forward so even and old man like me can do it.

#45 ·
I've been eyeballing Meterorite Gray but there's a Canyon River Blue Touring Hybrid that may be available. Anybody have this color? How is it? Will it be hard to keep clean like black? From pics, it's growing on me. Thanks for any input.
My Accord is that color-I love it-it's really classy in my opinion. As far as the cleanliness-hm. I think all colors can get equally dirty depending on what you're driving in, but I don't notice it showing excessively dirty unless we've had a lot of snow.

#46 ·
I chose meteorite grey with the ash grey interior. To my eyes it was the most classy colors available, and will be a timeless combination.
While I do like the canyon river blue, the black leather was no go for me. I had a car with black leather interior, along with black surroundings, made for a very dark interior when you drop something or at night.