Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I got into a car accident not sure if its going to be totaled or not but just in case I was looking at varieties of cars such as the G35, TL, IS250, and Accords.

Again, not sure if they're going to totaled my car or repair it but just in case would you rather get a 2011 V6 3.5 EX-L (Identical with my car but just 2011) with 100k for $14k or a 2013 2.4 I4 Sports CVT 100k for the $15k. Both Carfax has no damage, 1-Owner, and up-to-date on maintenance.

Thanks guys.

·
Blow The Carbon Out
190 Posts
Also voting v6. ive heard mixed opinions on the cvt,

·
Registered
87 Posts
That looks ALOT like my 4th gen did when I totaled it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND a the i4 CVT. i have one and i hate it. thank god lease goes back in a few months.

i would get a v6. after switching from my 8th gen i4 to my current 8.5 gen 6-6, can never go back to another 4 cyl car again.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
That's probably totaled.

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Will there be cake?
28 Posts
That's a bummer. I haven't been through there in a while, but I recognize exactly where the accident happened.

As to your question, I have to vote with the majority and say take the 8th Gen V-6 option.

If the 9th Gen Sport had the 6MT, my opinion would change to get whichever one you like best, but when I tested the I-4 Sport with CVT last year I didn't like it.

Good luck however things turn out.

·
Blow The Carbon Out
190 Posts
Also in real life, I've heard people have to drive the i4 harder, therefore they end up about the same on gas mileage. The cvt would do better on highway probably, but overall they extra power while still running regular is worth it. (Premium if you are tuned ;) )

·
Registered
69 Posts
+1 for the V-6

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I drove my sister 2011 Accord I4 and it so underpowered so I'm going to assume the 2013 CVT will be the same. Only reason I like the 2013 model is because the interior dashboard looks better. Once I drove a v6 can't really go back to a I4. Thanks for the input guys. I'm curious how much my insurance will pay me for the car if its totaled.

·
Registered
688 Posts
since i have personal experience with all of the cars. i had an i4 8g auto, i have a 2013 i4 CVT Sport, and i have an 8.5g v6 6 speed manual.

the 8g i4 is the most underpowered car there is. i spent about 3 grand in performance upgrades and had it fully custom dyno tuned for it to be much quicker than stock. the i4 sport cvt is WAY faster stock for stock but still an i4 and the cvt transmission is really annoying.

on the v6. it is a total different animal. i mean i do have the 6 speed which is a lot faster than the automatic but still. the v6 is a MUCHHHHHH better car regardless.

i will never get another 4 cylinder car again in my life

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quick update on everything, the 2011 Accord got sold faster than lightning and apparently my car repair cost sits at ~$8,000. I'm going to assume they're going to repair it over replacing me with the market value (Going to assume $13-14k based on KBB.)

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
704 Posts
Repairing? That's surprises me. That said, this may be an opportunity to make any desired changes up front, such as grill, bumper, fogs, headlights, etc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update again, my insurance decided to double check on the estimate and believe its going to be a total lost. KBB states my car is worth $13,500 if I get anything lower should I call them out on it?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Depends what you want, the 9th gen 2.4 CVT's get ridiculous gas mileage. My friend has one and can easily get 30mpg around town and up to 37 on the interstate. They also have a more quite cabin a some tech features that weren't available on the 8th.

That being said I still think the 8th was a better car with more room and a higher quality interior. Also for pure performance the V6 destroys the 2.4.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts