Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Nismo GTR
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what kind of products you used to clean your cars, I want to get some more products ideas you may have to use that might work better then what I use to clean my car

Car wash I used Meguiars Gold Class shampoo and conditioner

Car wax I use Car Glo Cherry Wax

for a quick wax I used Meguiar's Gold Class Premium

For the chrome and Headlights and taillights I use Mothers Power Plastic

For tires I used Meguiar's endurance Tire Gel

Attachments

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
5,294 Posts
Griots Garage.

Jay

·
Fear The Turtle!
2,166 Posts
Meguiars or mothers wash, meguiars ultimate compound with a griots dual action, opti seal by hand and collinite 845 by hand.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
http://www.poorboysworld.com/

Super Slick & Suds Car Wash : For full wash
Spray & Wipe Waterless Wash : For waterless wash and 50/50 with water as clay lubricant
Spray & Gloss: As drying lubricant
Bug Squash: For bug removal
Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner: For wheels
Super Swirl Removers SSR 1.0 and 2.5: For compound
EX-P: As Sealant
Liquid Natty's Blue: As carnuba wax
Black Hole: As filler for removing light swirl between compounds
Poorboy's Wheel Sealant: As wheel sealant

btw they product smells so good you want to eat them... after a waterless wash, my wife took my car to her friend's weeding and all her friends told her that the car smelled so good :) hhaha

Tire dressing is done with what I have left of Meguiar product, I'll buy their Bold N Bright Gel (Poorboys) when bottle is empty

I use Clay Magic, as paint clay

I dress my entire plastic trims, interior chromes, leather seats and engine bay with 303 Aerospace Protectant.

My polisher is a Porter Cable 7424XP

I think that is all... did I told you I LOVE Poorboys World product? :banana:

·
Banned
65 Posts
I'm probably going to get a lot of heat for this, but what works best for me, is to take some windex, and a bucket of water, and just dump the windex in the bucket of water.. Actually, works great! It will leave your car really dull afterwards, but thats okay. Just use Pledge as wax......
Ok. I'm kidding. :lmao:

I don't usually go too crazy when washing my car, I usually use Turtle Wax F21 car wash, and Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell. I don't use tire shine anymore, I just scrub my tires with a soft brush.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
spring/summer:

DG901 carwash with 2 bucket method for regular wash or Blackfire Rinseless Garry Dean style.

Blackfire Total Polish & Seal or Meguiars M205 polish followed by Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection and 2 coats of Blackfire Crystal Seal. Top that with Blackfire Midnight Sun paste wax sometimes. Re-apply 2 coats of Crystal Seal after 3 months.

fall/winter:

Mostly rinseless washes with Duragloss Rinseless with Aquawax.

Meguiars M205 or Menzerna SF4500. Collinite 845 to get a good seal on for winter.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Just wondering what kind of products you used to clean your cars, I want to get some more products ideas you may have to use that might work better then what I use to clean my car

Car wash I used Meguiars Gold Class shampoo and conditioner

Car wax I use Car Glo Cherry Wax

for a quick wax I used Meguiar's Gold Class Premium

For the chrome and Headlights and taillights I use Mothers Power Plastic

For tires I used Meguiar's endurance Tire Gel
Check out this website. It lists several different products. Personally I like the Black Fire and Pinnacle products.

http://www.autogeek.net/productlines.html

·
Thunder Up!
3,020 Posts
Here's a list of what I have so far. Haven't gotten to use the GG6 yet as it's been about -342 degree's for the past 2 damn months! :thumbsdow

- GG6 w/ 5" backing plate and a ton of different 5.5" LC flat pads
- Wolfgang TSR
- Wolfgang Uber Compound
- Wolfgang Finishing Glaze
- Chemical Guys Blacklight
- Menzerna Powerlock (bought this early before I decided to pick up a GG6; I'll use this on families cars, etc)
- UWW+
- Meg's APC+
- Stoners Invisible Glass
- CarPro PERL
- Duragloss #932: Rinseless w/ Aquawax (works great)
- Rigid Wet/Dry Vac
- A bunch of MF-Tech and Chemical Guys towels
- A bunch of brushes for interior and carpets

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but it's a pretty decent list for weekend warrior. Hopefully I'll get some customers after I learn the GG6

·
Retired from Car Biz....
9,539 Posts
people make this far too complicated for a new/2/3 year old Accords - this will do 99% of the cars talked about on this forum:

1. buy an orbital with a medium foam pad
2. use it to apply a finishing polish like meg's 205 or BF total polish and seal and buff off
3. apply any good sealant by hand like Blackfire Crystal seal or Sonax Netshield

this will get it done in spades, if you don't care to be a detailer....

·
Registered
1 Posts
spring/summer:

DG901 carwash with 2 bucket method for regular wash or Blackfire Rinseless Garry Dean style.

Blackfire Total Polish & Seal or Meguiars M205 polish followed by Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection and 2 coats of Blackfire Crystal Seal. Top that with Blackfire Midnight Sun paste wax sometimes. Re-apply 2 coats of Crystal Seal after 3 months.

fall/winter:

Mostly rinseless washes with Duragloss Rinseless with Aquawax.

Meguiars M205 or Menzerna SF4500. Collinite 845 to get a good seal on for winter.
does duragloss 932 work well as a waterless car wash too?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts