Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANyone use or have a good one they recommend? Some of us have no garage nor a roof to put the car in :paranoid:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have you felt how thick or thin the OEM cover is? Didnt know if it was cheap like the one you buy at wal mart.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Keep in mind that if the car is not perfectly clean, putting on a car cover can do more harm than good. Grit and dirt can get ground into the paint causing swirling and marring. Just throwing that out there.

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
Keep in mind that if the car is not perfectly clean, putting on a car cover can do more harm than good. Grit and dirt can get ground into the paint causing swirling and marring. Just throwing that out there.
Exactly, you would be doing more harm than good.

Does your local by-law allow temporary canopy style car "port" through winter? That would be a better solution, otherwise just put a good coat of Collinite 845 sealer on the car and call it a day.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
This

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have the OEM Honda cover. It is very high quality and has a very good, snug fit. It's nice and thick too. It is not a cheap WalMart cover, but it does not come with a lock or cable, so you'll have to provide one. I usually park my car at the airport for 4 days a week, and I don't want the sun beating down on it all day long, not to mention that the employee lot is directly under short final for the runways, so I want to keep all that jet exhaust off my paint too. And I always make sure my car is clean before I go to work.

·
2013 Accord EX-L 4 cylind
11 Posts
Cats just love to scratch on the Honda OEM car cover I have. The cover is real soft compared to the others I have bought.

·
1,655 Posts
OP, I thought about a car cover until I read about owners whose whole day was ruined when they put the cover on a car after a rain or warm winter day and then the temps went subfreezing overnight.

·
Registered
408 Posts
OP, I thought about a car cover until I read about owners whose whole day was ruined when they put the cover on a car after a rain or warm winter day and then the temps went subfreezing overnight.
Ouch!! :thumbsdow

·
Registered
481 Posts
I bought the OEM cover for my 2014 few weeks ago. Fits great and is very soft. But like others stated, make sure car is clean before putting on. I used it all Thanksgiving week while out of state. Even with some rain & lite snow in NJ that week, car looked awesome when I took cover off upon arrival back home. Only worry I have is in mid-winter can the cover freeze on the car with rain & then cold temps at night?? The cover lets moisture in as Honda states the paint needs to breathe

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have purchased car covers from Calcarcover.com. Custom fit for the cars I have them on. I have two for two cars, they are both made from Weathershield HP fabric. This fabric is very light, and repels water. It is also keeps dust OUT extremely well. I like it because it folds up very small and is easy to handle and can be machine washed in a home washing machine. The disadvantage is if you are in a windy area it can be hard to handle. It also needs to be kept strapped to the car due to it being so light. The thin material also does not offer much protection from door dings. However, my cars sit outside and when the covers are removed after being covered for a month or so, are usually just as clean as when I left them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts