Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
6th Gear
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this problem of my car going to the right every time I accelarate so I changed the front engine mount and right engine mount. I changed that two weeks ago and it was all normal, but the problem reappeared today. The alignment is fine along with the tire rod. Currently the car is at 172500 miles with original shocks. I revved the engine and saw no major directional movements in the engine. I don't suspect the engine mounts at all.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is your brake caliper sticking?

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
Where the motor mounts OEM?

·
6th Gear
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does the steering wheel ALSO turn in that direction when its going to the right>?

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-57463384-48/what-the-heck-is-torque-steer-abcs-of-car-tech/
The calipers are fine....I had to replace both the rears because the pins got stuck. I put a good amount of 3m silicon paste on the front caliper. Yes the steering wheel also turn to the right.

Where the motor mounts OEM?
I went with solid motor mount.
http://www.amazon.com/DEA-A4526-Fro...DX2/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had this problem of my car going to the right every time I accelarate so I changed the front engine mount and right engine mount. I changed that two weeks ago and it was all normal, but the problem reappeared today. The alignment is fine along with the tire rod. Currently the car is at 172500 miles with original shocks. I revved the engine and saw no major directional movements in the engine. I don't suspect the engine mounts at all.
If your going 60 on the freeway and let off the gas coasting does it still pull? Or is it pull only when accelerating?

If it's all the time another possibility is the tires, They can be defective from the factory and it's called radial pull and it can pull a little to a lot depending on the tire. Sometimes the pull disappears when you switch the two front wheels side to side, mine did recently. Probably not your problem though unless it started after buying new or rotating your existing tires. You could try switching the front wheels and see if it makes a difference.

Also if one front tire is low on air it could pull to that side.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sounds like a suspension bushing is worn out to me. My 1999 carry did that. It pulled to the right when you accelerate but when. Let off, it goes to the left. My lca bushings were worn out.

·
khol
106 Posts
Your wheels might be out of alignment. When I initially got my Accord the steering wheel was off by about 5-10 degrees. Once I had them aligned the problem went away.

·
6th Gear
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your wheels might be out of alignment. When I initially got my Accord the steering wheel was off by about 5-10 degrees. Once I had them aligned the problem went away.
No I had the checked for alignment, and it's fine.....it's the lower arm.

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,684 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts