Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6th Gear
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 honda accord bought brand new, and it's at 49K. I'm having an issue when the car only turns left. The noise is small, but then get's louder as I turn more sharply. This only happens when the car is moving. The noise seems to be on the left side....I thought it was the wheel splash guard, but no.

I googled this and found this on tsiclub, "When you turn left , you LOAD the right side bearing making it seem louder and throw off your sense of perception as to where the noise is coming from, can be confusing but most here will agree."

Is this accurate?

·
Registered
736 Posts
It's kind of a clicking noise, I thought the wheel lining was loose but no....I think its a wheel bearing possibly.
clicking noise when turning under load. mainly when turning onto another street or similar maneuver? if so you are looking at an axle my friend. or at least a CV joint. HOWEVER! these are usually covered under powertrain. 5/50k or 5/60k. call the dealer and ask. they wont let you come in with your own diagnosis of course, so they may ask you for money up front to check things out. an axle can be determined on a test drive in a decent size parking lot. get good at replicated the noise and offer to drive with a tech. if he determines it is or isnt an axle then you knowif you have to pay or not. if its a covered component then you wont be charged. but the up front charge is so the dealer can pay the tech if its not a covered component and you dont wanna fix it. remember we get paid on what we are doing, not hourly or salary. if you or honda isnt paying, then were are literally exercising seasoned skills for free. Im not crying broke or anything, i do very well, but just try to keep that in mind if you go on a test drive with the guy before you keep him in a parking lot for 40 minutes.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I would guess CV joint. Do you see any grease thrown off from a hole in one of your CV joint boots?
clearly they desearve a visual inspection, however they go bad all the time without leaking grease. just a note thats all.:)

·
6th Gear
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I'm going to do it myself if the stealership charges me. I'm sure Honda should cover it. Thanks you guys for you help!

I would guess CV joint. Do you see any grease thrown off from a hole in one of your CV joint boots?

·
Registered
736 Posts
No, I'm going to do it myself if the stealership charges me. I'm sure Honda should cover it. Thanks you guys for you help!
no problem good luck!

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Clicking noise while turning is almost always an outer CV joint, wheel bearings tend to make a rumbling noise from about 15 to 20mph and get louder the faster you go. A quick visual inspection to make sure grease is not slinging all over the inside of the wheel and take in quickly for warranty replacement. I doubt they will cover a broken boot.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Clicking noise while turning is almost always an outer CV joint, wheel bearings tend to make a rumbling noise from about 15 to 20mph and get louder the faster you go. A quick visual inspection to make sure grease is not slinging all over the inside of the wheel and take in quickly for warranty replacement. I doubt they will cover a broken boot.
some warranty companies will cover an axle but not a boot. hondacare does both, but the trick is not to be a douche. LOL if your boots ripped and your an asshol to the writer/tech, sorry not covered. If your a nice guy and dont have mercedes syndrome, all of a sudden you need a whole brand new axle. covered. LOL

·
6th Gear
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha

some warranty companies will cover an axle but not a boot. Hondacare does both, but the trick is not to be a douche. Lol if your boots ripped and your an asshol to the writer/tech, sorry not covered. If your a nice guy and dont have mercedes syndrome, all of a sudden you need a whole brand new axle. Covered. Lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts