Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
My 2006 Accord VP no longer has heat coming from the vents. It started to where only the passenger side had heat and the driver side was cool (between warm and cold). Eventually, the heat on the passenger side dissipated and now I get no heat overall. The A/C works great out of all vents. When on HOT, air blows from the vents, but it's not hot.
  • I checked the heater valve and it works. It works with the interior controls and I physically disconnected from the hoses to check if it moves manually and if there is any blockage.
  • I flushed the heater core. Not much dirt came from the core and it flowed fine in both directions.
  • I checked the driver side air mix control and it may or may not have been broken. I ended up breaking it myself when opening it to check the contacts. I will replace that soon. That could've been the culprit for why the driver side was cool but passenger was hot. I am able to manually adjust the controls by hand to test for heat in the meanwhile.
  • I added coolant to the car to make sure there is optimum level of it in the system, but to no avail.
When I check the inlet and outlet hoses while the car is warm and the heater valve is open (allowing coolant to flow), The inlet hose is somewhat hot (not burning hot) and the outlet is cool (I can keep my hand on it indefinitely). I also noticed that there is a air mix control on the passenger side under the glovebox. Why is that there if my car is a single climate control? What other things can I do to attempt to restore the heat?

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,363 Posts
I am willing to bet that your heater control panel has gone bad. Replacing it might work. My suggestion to you is go to the salvage yard and get a used one to replace it with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Reactions: HeresOtis

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey all,
My 2006 Accord VP no longer has heat coming from the vents. It started to where only the passenger side had heat and the driver side was cool (between warm and cold). Eventually, the heat on the passenger side dissipated and now I get no heat overall. The A/C works great out of all vents. When on HOT, air blows from the vents, but it's not hot.
  • I checked the heater valve and it works. It works with the interior controls and I physically disconnected from the hoses to check if it moves manually and if there is any blockage.
  • I flushed the heater core. Not much dirt came from the core and it flowed fine in both directions.
  • I checked the driver side air mix control and it may or may not have been broken. I ended up breaking it myself when opening it to check the contacts. I will replace that soon. That could've been the culprit for why the driver side was cool but passenger was hot. I am able to manually adjust the controls by hand to test for heat in the meanwhile.
  • I added coolant to the car to make sure there is optimum level of it in the system, but to no avail.
When I check the inlet and outlet hoses while the car is warm and the heater valve is open (allowing coolant to flow), The inlet hose is somewhat hot (not burning hot) and the outlet is cool (I can keep my hand on it indefinitely). I also noticed that there is a air mix control on the passenger side under the glovebox. Why is that there if my car is a single climate control? What other things can I do to attempt to restore the heat?
The only silver lining is that it's going to be June tomorrow. Not November. So not as urgent, and you can take time to sort it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts