Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. The 3.5L V6 in the Camry TRD is the exact same 3.5L V6 that Toyota offers in all other Camrys. HP and Torque numbers are exactly the same.

301hp, 267 lb-ft of torque. 0-60mph according to MotorTrend is 5.8 seconds. That's exactly the same figure that they got with a Camry XSE V6. The transmission's gearing is exactly the same too.

The Accord's 2.0t engine has 252hp and 273 lb-ft of torque. 0-60mph according to MotorTrend is 5.5 seconds (2021 2.0t Sport trim).
I am being sarcastic.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. The 3.5L V6 in the Camry TRD is the exact same 3.5L V6 that Toyota offers in all other Camrys. HP and Torque numbers are exactly the same.

301hp, 267 lb-ft of torque. 0-60mph according to MotorTrend is 5.8 seconds. That's exactly the same figure that they got with a Camry XSE V6. The transmission's gearing is exactly the same too.

The Accord's 2.0t engine has 252hp and 273 lb-ft of torque. 0-60mph according to MotorTrend is 5.5 seconds (2021 2.0t Sport trim).
The fact a mainstream family sedan can do 5.5s to 60 is crazy. Not long ago, that number was reserved for serious sports cars. In late 90s, 6s to 60 was considered a missile.

Reactions: 2005 6mt

·
Registered
995 Posts
The fact a mainstream family sedan can do 5.5s to 60 is crazy. Not long ago, that number was reserved for serious sports cars. In late 90s, 6s to 60 was considered a missile.
I remember really wanting to spend the extra $2500 to get the V6 option in my first Camry- a 1998. That V6 had 194 hp and did 0-60 in 7.9 seconds... and was considered pretty fast for the time. Sadly, I didn't have an extra $2500 back then and had to settle for the 2.2L four cylinder... which had 133hp and did 0-60 in 10+ seconds.

A Camry's base engine today is more powerful than that 3.0L V6 that Toyota used until 2006.

Reactions: overlord

·
Registered
87 Posts
Can we equate the 2.0L reliability to the V6 accords?
Based on my experience, the sixes are better than the fours in terms of reliability. They don’t use oil. They are MUCH shorter stroke. And they have a rod ratio that is more conducive to less side loading. Add to that the fact that these larger motors are stressed MUCH less and run at lower RPMs. My J30, for instance, runs like new at 300K miles. VCM issues aside (on applicable motors), the only issue with the V6s is that, unlike the fours, they have a timing belt that needs to be replaced every 105K miles.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
To the OP, regardless of which car you drive, make sure you fit comfortably inside. Insist on a longer test drive than around the block for any car you're seriously considering. Take it on the highway too.

The hyundai/kia 2.5T can do 0-60 in low 5's (5.2-5.5s) in their fwd family sedans. What's even more impressive is the curb weight of said cars is roughly 3100/3200 respectively (hyundai/kia). That in and of itself is a feat these days. The jury is still out on reliability of that motor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The person who said the sport will be more fun is mistaken. The touring has active suspension damping and will perform better than the sport. I have driven both and the touring is the way to go! ( If you got the extra cash )

·
Registered
995 Posts
The person who said the sport will be more fun is mistaken. The touring has active suspension damping and will perform better than the sport. I have driven both and the touring is the way to go! ( If you got the extra cash )
While I think the Touring trim is the nicer trim overall, I really liked how my 2019 Sport always had the sportier suspension. With the Touring, you have to put it in sport mode to get that suspension tuning- and then you also have to deal with the fact that the throttle response will be more aggressive- resulting in lower mpg. I liked the fact that you could leave the Sport 2.0t in normal mode and still get the nicer handling without sacrificing mpg. If the Touring trim would allow you to adjust the dampers separately from the throttle response in sport mode, I think it would be just about a perfect car.

·
2020 CBP Touring
693 Posts
While I think the Touring trim is the nicer trim overall, I really liked how my 2019 Sport always had the sportier suspension. With the Touring, you have to put it in sport mode to get that suspension tuning- and then you also have to deal with the fact that the throttle response will be more aggressive- resulting in lower mpg. I liked the fact that you could leave the Sport 2.0t in normal mode and still get the nicer handling without sacrificing mpg. If the Touring trim would allow you to adjust the dampers separately from the throttle response in sport mode, I think it would be just about a perfect car.
I was really hoping a customizable drive mode option would come in the 2021 refresh. I'd love to be in sport mode regularly, minus the throttle and trans tuning.
I think K-tuner has some similar capabilities, but I'm not comfortable risking my warranty. I don't drive like I'm 18 and the interstate is Talladega anymore anyway.

·
On my second Accord.
2020 Sport 2.0T 6MT Still Night Pearl 5500 km. '07 Accord EX-L I4 Nav 5MT sold.
340 Posts
My Sport is more fun than the Touring because it has three pedals. :) But that's only an option if one buys a used 2018-2020 Sport.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I was really hoping a customizable drive mode option would come in the 2021 refresh. I'd love to be in sport mode regularly, minus the throttle and trans tuning.
I think K-tuner has some similar capabilities, but I'm not comfortable risking my warranty. I don't drive like I'm 18 and the interstate is Talladega anymore anyway.
I wish that they would offer that too... mainly because my 2021 Touring feels slower (even in Sport Mode) compared with my 2019 2.0t Sport. At first I thought that it might be due to the Touring being a bit heavier- but according to Honda's website, the Touring is only about 40lbs heavier than a 2.0t Sport.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts