Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
VCM DELETE
710 Posts
I mean for what its worth I would just do the pressure switches if I had that issue. So far i've done nothing to my 2012 at 2 years of ownership so price of the parts wouldn't be a deterrent.

By this time on my 7th gen, I had already replaced radiator sensor, Compliance bushings, 2 ball joints and a tie rod.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Damn this is a tough symptom to resolve. Hopefully there's more ways to find out what's wrong
There are ways to find out...get a replacement transmission installed, new, used, or rebuilt.

Or, you could just drive and enjoy your 10 year old car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
There are ways to find out...get a replacement transmission installed, new, used, or rebuilt.

Or, you could just drive and enjoy your 10 year old car.
Sucks because this car has only 49k miles on it

I mean for what its worth I would just do the pressure switches if I had that issue. So far i've done nothing to my 2012 at 2 years of ownership so price of the parts wouldn't be a deterrent.

By this time on my 7th gen, I had already replaced radiator sensor, Compliance bushings, 2 ball joints and a tie rod.
Will check that out

Just did an oil change today to synthetic after buying this car last month. I doubt the previous owner changed the oil because they only drove it for 500 miles in 7 years. Now I noticed that the jerk kind of went away. It still occurs but not as often as before where it was noticed everytime I hit the brakes to 25 miles. I hope this isn't a temporary fix and I'm still seeing if there's other maintenance work that should be done to further erase the issue

Update, the jerk came back after a day of driving when the oil change was done and the problem still occurs only when downshifting

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2011 v6 coupe thats automatic but also has the manual paddleshifting. Mine has 47k miles on it and its starting to shift pretty poorly. I can feel almost every gear shift and the car will do this weird thing where ill be driving and it will randomly feel like a loss of power or somethign for a split second then go back to normal. I tried changing the tranny fluid (with honda fluid) but its still there. If anyone has been able to fix this issuer please let me know.

·
Registered
2010 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan WDP
1 Posts
I fixed mine today. Turns out, I was right. It was a bad solenoid E. No more shock when shifting into R or D. There's still a slight delay when shifting into R or D, but more like a 1/2 sec delay. No more jerking when shifting into 1st when coming to a stop. It was a pretty easy job, took about 1 1/2 hr.
Would you happen to know the part number? I have the same symptoms as you did and looking to fix this myself. Just want to make sure I order the right part.

·
Turbo lag
943 Posts
Would you happen to know the part number? I have the same symptoms as you did and looking to fix this myself. Just want to make sure I order the right part.
28500-PRP-004
This is the part I used. But without knowing what trim or engine option you have, I can't guarantee that this part will work for you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'd like to ask first, Do you have a check engine light on? If you do, need to scan for the code. You very well may need a part replacement.
2nd, I'd recommend doing 3 drain and fills with Full Synthetic Valvoline MaxLife ATF. These 5 speed transmissions perform much better using this thinner fluid. Drive a few miles between each drain and fill.
3rd If you want to save your engine and remove the extra stress put on your transmission is to disable the VCM. You have a company in Canada that makes S-VCM. The fuel you save with an active VCM will never equal your future repair bills.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'd like to ask first, Do you have a check engine light on? If you do, need to scan for the code. You very well may need a part replacement.
2nd, I'd recommend doing 3 drain and fills with Full Synthetic Valvoline MaxLife ATF. These 5 speed transmissions perform much better using this thinner fluid. Drive a few miles between each drain and fill.
3rd If you want to save your engine and remove the extra stress put on your transmission is to disable the VCM. You have a company in Canada that makes S-VCM. The fuel you save with an active VCM will never equal your future repair bills.
There's are no check engine lights, used a OBDII scanner everything is fine. I did a transmission fluid drain and fill last month using Honda ATF, having 49k miles would another drain and fill be recommended to repeat 2 more times? I didn't notice any changes when the D&F was done, only thing that made the issue go away temporarily was an engine oil change. I'm still waiting on my vcmtuner 2 to arrive.

·
Registered
105 Posts
There's are no check engine lights, used a OBDII scanner everything is fine. I did a transmission fluid drain and fill last month using Honda ATF, having 49k miles would another drain and fill be recommended to repeat 2 more times? I didn't notice any changes when the D&F was done, only thing that made the issue go away temporarily was an engine oil change. I'm still waiting on my vcmtuner 2 to arrive.
If the previous owner failed to care for the transmission over a 12 year period. As in they used old DW-1 non synthetic fluid in the transmission and ran it that way for years. It's not surprising that you have this issue, even with low miles. I'd be running to the nearest Wal-Mart for three 1 gallon jugs of Full Synthetic Valvoline MaxLife ATF. Its inexpensive and It's that good. If you jack up the drivers side rear tire, you can drain almost a gallon out if you let it drip until it stops. Over on the Piloteers.org forum, many Canadian V6 5-speed owners use it because the thinner fluid works better in the winter weather.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
If the previous owner failed to care for the transmission over a 12 year period. As in they used old DW-1 non synthetic fluid in the transmission and ran it that way for years. It's not surprising that you have this issue, even with low miles. I'd be running to the nearest Wal-Mart for three 1 gallon jugs of Full Synthetic Valvoline MaxLife ATF. Its inexpensive and It's that good. If you jack up the drivers side rear tire, you can drain almost a gallon out if you let it drip until it stops. Over on the Piloteers.org forum, many Canadian V6 5-speed owners use it because the thinner fluid works better in the winter weather.
Interesting. Thanks for the advice, I'm not sure whether the previous owners did proper maintenance or not but I heard from the owner most of the maintenance was done through honda. Ill definitely look more into changing the trans fluid again and hope that resolves the issue

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Just installed the vcmtuner 2 and all I can say is this vehicle now feels like a true v6 engine. Also testing it so far it seems like my braking/jerk issue has gone away or just less noticeable. Will drive more and see if the issue comes back

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just installed the vcmtuner 2 and all I can say is this vehicle now feels like a true v6 engine. Also testing it so far it seems like my braking/jerk issue has gone away or just less noticeable. Will drive more and see if the issue comes back
That will definitely give your torque converter some relief.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts