Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, took it out first thing, car fine. Come to start it up for second trip and clattering like nobodies business. Seems to drive fine (and quietly) above 1300 RPM. Just at low revs and idle clattering, any ideas? (AA coming out for 10:30 so would appriciate quick answers)

Phil

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE

AA came, car was fin no problems, great I thought. Took out for spin at lunch time, noise back, accompanied this time with the clutch pedal staying down once and lacking the spring back it usually has. Any ideas now, seems to be fine once engaged so image clutch plate and DMF are ok, one of the cylinders maybe? HELP!

·
6,322 Posts
What year and engine do you have? Miles on car? Hopefully its still under warranty and you can let the dealer take care of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2005 2.2 i-CTDI, and the diagnosis is - DMF merry christmas me!!!! :thumbsdow

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
2005 2.2 i-CTDI, and the diagnosis is - DMF merry christmas me!!!! :thumbsdow
Wha? clutch pedal problem could be the slave cylinder (causing the pedal problem) or maybe the clutch (doubtful). Clutch problem could make it appear to be an engine issue. More specifics would help.

Do a search for slave cylinder there have been posts on here about this issue.

Add a signature on you profile that shows your engine, trans, mileage, etc.

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
His car is a Euro Accord, diesel. I'd not be surprised if a dual mass flywheel is coming apart. Seems common among small diesel 4 cylinders.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Too true, got dmf and clutch from breakers 270 ukp though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts