Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant seem to figure out what is wrong with my 2004 honda accord EX 2.4L.
A couple days ago it began starting funny where it felt like it didnt want to start and then it would. Now the car wont start at all. All the lights come on and the battery is brand new and tested to be strong. I need some serious help. I dont have anyone who can help me find out what is wrong with it and being a single mom I can afford to go get it fixed. Im pretty good at fixing my own car most of the time but this time I stumped. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with it? Im ready to push it over a cliff. Please help.

·
Registered
167 Posts
does it cank over? If not I would assume starter failed.. Need more info

·
Registered
249 Posts
I cant seem to figure out what is wrong with my 2004 honda accord EX 2.4L.
A couple days ago it began starting funny where it felt like it didnt want to start and then it would. Now the car wont start at all. All the lights come on and the battery is brand new and tested to be strong. I need some serious help. I dont have anyone who can help me find out what is wrong with it and being a single mom I can afford to go get it fixed. Im pretty good at fixing my own car most of the time but this time I stumped. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with it? Im ready to push it over a cliff. Please help.
Sounds like maybe your ignition switch? :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
No accessible fuel filter, it's part of the pump in the tank.

What's the immobilzer light doing?

If the thing cranks, but sounds like it's cranking faster than normal, or sounds odd while cranking... The timing chain may have jumped. By now the valves will be bent badly.

If it doesn't crank, there could be a whole host of simple or not so simple things wrong. If it needs a starter, the intake manifold has to come off to change it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
We need more info. Does it crank over? Is it getting fuel? Does it have spark? Does it have compression?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts