Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Grandson bought a 2007 Honda Civic Coupe with a 1.8L. I have been doing body work on it, and I pulled the corroded positive terminal to clean it up. I applied grease to the clean post and the clamp, and on re-connecting it, I could see the lights blink, then the starter engaged and it started. I got the key and put it into the ignition and turned it, but I couldn't shut it off. I then put my foot on the brake and it stopped. As far as I know, the car is not equipped with remote start, and this one has me stumped???? My wife has remote start on her 2009 Accord, but I think it's an after-market.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm answering my own question. My wife's 2009 EXL has a remote start system, and has a warning sign under the hood about disconnecting the battery and reconnecting, that it may start. They said to stop, hit the brake. Which I did. I'm having my daughter check with the person who owned the car, to see if they have the remote. Freaked me out when it started! Thanks anyway. I hope this will be informational to someone else.

·
Elvira
3,639 Posts
Glad to see that you figured this out.

Only thing I could think of was the starter solenoid may have been bad causing the starter to engage similar to the old days before we needed to press the brake to start.

The old starter remote trick.

But to start the engine it would have needed to engage the START" position with the key too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Only thing I could think of was the starter solenoid may have been bad causing the starter to engage similar to the old days before we needed to press the brake to start.

But to start the engine it would have needed to engage the START" position with the key too.
[/QUOTE

Thanks Mike, I don't know if this car does have remote start, as it didn't come with a fob. I know now why it started though. I wish they had the label inside of the hood like on my wife's car. I don't think it will start if it's in gear, or I hope it won't. Thank you for your response. Dean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts