Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My black 2008 honda accord coupe was stolen last night and I was just wondering if the EX-L no navi comes with a gps tracking system, any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Also if any members are from the Toronto area or the GTA spot my car please let me know, the passenger door has a noticeable dent from hitting a wall after being opened too hard. License plate is BDBA 009, though I doubt they left the plates on.

If the car is spotted then it is best to report it right away, any information please contact me at 416-988-5535

·
Super Moderator
4,310 Posts
This is actually the second report of a stolen accord. jblaust got his "stolen" in Miami on the 27 after he left it with a flat tire.

·
In Reverse
662 Posts
That's why you can spend the extra couple hundred dollars a year, and put a boomerang. I do, anytime anyone wants to even step in my car with my key fob missing, they call me and ask me if I lend the car to anyone! Perfect service.
EDIT: http://www.boomerangtracking.com/... Not sure if it's available to the USA for those who are interested.

Post the description of the car & the location it was stolen from, on as many places around where you last left the car. (I.E businesses, supermarkets, other homes, so on...), someone had to have seen something.

·
Registered
577 Posts
That ****s man! i know how it feels, you kill the little sh*ts that stole it... i had my 7th gen stolen in Miami, i was visiting family so had my Ontario plates on it and f*en insurance didn't even reimburse me saying i didn't let them know exactly where in the US i was going. Found the car 3wks later, at some impound stripped to the bone, with a $200 bill for holding my "car"... everything even the windows were stripped... basically just chassis left... almost certain they were in on it too cause my custom dash was sitting up front in their office for sale when i got there...

·
Registered
115 Posts
That's why you can spend the extra couple hundred dollars a year, and put a boomerang. I do, anytime anyone wants to even step in my car with my key fob missing, they call me and ask me if I lend the car to anyone! Perfect service.
EDIT: http://www.boomerangtracking.com/... Not sure if it's available to the USA for those who are interested.

Post the description of the car & the location it was stolen from, on as many places around where you last left the car. (I.E businesses, supermarkets, other homes, so on...), someone had to have seen something.
In US they sell a service, Lo-jack. It basically tracks the car using satellite, but it's expensive though.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Damn that s ucks man. I have an aftermarket alarm and Lo-Jack installed to avoid this from happening to me. Hope everything gets settled.

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
What !

The insurance company wouldn't cover you because you did not let them know where you were going? I never heard of that...It is a car, it always goes somewhere...Who calls their insurance company before pulling out of the driveway? :paranoid: Good Luck with them finding the car..In my lifetime I had 2 cars stolen. One recovered 8 days later(84 Buick Regal) with parts from the exact same car swapped out (means they saw me and followed me home), even my hood was replaced with theirs, I had better paint, the other one never found (an 87 Cutlass Supreme)...Strictly for parts I assume as neither had any value, they were older cars. It ****s to go out and go to where you know you left your car and it is not there. You go nuts trying to figure out where it could be, a family member borrowed it quick, you parked it somewhere else than the usual spot and don't remember, anything until it sinks in that it has been stolen. That's why I went with LoJack, expensive yes, but well worth it if you have ever expeienced that feeling. I can't imagine on a new car. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
That ****s man! i know how it feels, you kill the little sh*ts that stole it... i had my 7th gen stolen in Miami, i was visiting family so had my Ontario plates on it and f*en insurance didn't even reimburse me saying i didn't let them know exactly where in the US i was going. Found the car 3wks later, at some impound stripped to the bone, with a $200 bill for holding my "car"... everything even the windows were stripped... basically just chassis left... almost certain they were in on it too cause my custom dash was sitting up front in their office for sale when i got there...
Wha? you drove your car to the U.S. from Canada and they used that has a loop hole?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Wha? you drove your car to the U.S. from Canada and they used that has a loop hole?
Yeah i learned that the hard way... i told them i was going to Ohio, but the insurance guy didn't send me a US insurance card... i ended up just going to FL from there cause i had more time off... didn't think to tell them again, and they used that as a loop hole.... apparently each state requires different stuff so based on that the Canadian insurance company needs to know where you are going... i call complete BS on it... i fought my ass off with them, but nothing... so i said f-u to ING insurance and will not go with them again... now i live in the US and have American plates/insurance, but i still have to call my insurance company (Geico) when i go back into Canada for a Canadian insurance card. albeit, now i just have to let them know every 3 months cause the card they send expires after that.

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
Kind of funny story.

Many years ago, my brother had a beat up Toyota cressida. The car was parked in our driveway. We were inside watching TV when we got a call from the police saying they found our car. We said what car since we never reported any stolen car. They said they got our phone number from the registration paper work found in the glove box. We were still confused and asked where is the car. The police told us where it was located. We then went outside and found my brother's car was gone.

We went to the location (about 2-3 miles form our house) and the car was just sitting there with engine running. Some kids took it for joy ride and dumped it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Why anyone would steal a new Honda Accord is beyond me. First of all they can't do anything with it if they don't have the key due to the engine immobilizer, so that means the car had to be towed. You ask yourself who would go through the risk of towing a new Accord? I would think if you're going to risk stealing a car by towing you would go for cars that did not have an immobilizer, or if they do, would be high-end luxury cars. But an 8th gen Accord, very strange...

Well to the OP, insurance will cover it, I think you just have to wait like a month in case the car shows up. Hope you have gap insurance, because like 99.9% of car owners, you're probably upside down on your loan.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Why anyone would steal a new Honda Accord is beyond me. First of all they can't do anything with it if they don't have the key due to the engine immobilizer, so that means the car had to be towed. You ask yourself who would go through the risk of towing a new Accord? I would think if you're going to risk stealing a car by towing you would go for cars that did not have an immobilizer, or if they do, would be high-end luxury cars. But an 8th gen Accord, very strange...

Well to the OP, insurance will cover it, I think you just have to wait like a month in case the car shows up. Hope you have gap insurance, because like 99.9% of car owners, you're probably upside down on your loan.
Ever heard of a chop shop? Hate to say it but unless they have the key, his car is probably being stripped to a million pieces right now.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts