Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
You're easy money.
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car struggles to start and sometimes it wont start at all. I'll have to try 2-3 times for it to start. I got the battery tested and that was fine, so I got the Alternator and Starter tested.
Everything came out fine, my Bosch battery was under 3 year warranty so just to be sure I changed it anyway. Car was fine for the first day but now its doing it again. Anybody went through this or just know what the problem could be? Its about to be winter and I want this fixed before I freeze to death :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Something is draining and weakening the battery ?

Do you have any aftermarket equipment that taps to the car's electrical system ?

If you have a digital volt meter, you can do a current draw test
- Set the DVM to 10 amp
- Car engine off for at least 30 minutes to ensure car's computer is in idle or sleep mode.
- Disconnect the car's battery negative cable.
- Touch red lead of DVM to car battery's positive terminal. Touch the black lead of DVM to the car's negative cable.
- The DVM should not show a reading higher than 0.050 Amp, preferably less than 0.020 Amp.

For reference, my Odyssey had a faulty door look that drained battery if van not driven for 2 days.
I did the above test and observed a reading of 0.400 Amp.

·
You're easy money.
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something is draining and weakening the battery ?

Do you have any aftermarket equipment that taps to the car's electrical system ?

If you have a digital volt meter, you can do a current draw test
- Set the DVM to 10 amp
- Car engine off for at least 30 minutes to ensure car's computer is in idle or sleep mode.
- Disconnect the car's battery negative cable.
- Touch red lead of DVM to car battery's positive terminal. Touch the black lead of DVM to the car's negative cable.
- The DVM should not show a reading higher than 0.050 Amp, preferably less than 0.020 Amp.

For reference, my Odyssey had a faulty door look that drained battery if van not driven for 2 days.
I did the above test and observed a reading of 0.400 Amp.
The only thing after market that taps into the electrical system is the stereo and speakers, the stereo has been in their for about 3 years now so I doubt that can be the problem, however my front driver side speaker blew about a month and a half ago, I've yet to replace it, could that be draining the battery?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts