Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as i start the car the RPM needle jumps up and then drops and the car shuts of no matter if I give the car gas or not, sometimes sounding like a light backfire. After 40 min of this it finally responded to me pressing on the gas peddle and I was able to drive it back to work, all though the car sounded like it was sputtering and ready to turn back off. back at work I was able to turn the car off and on, when the car was on how ever the RPM needle would hover under 1k RPM and if I press on the gas to rapidly the car would shut off or act like it was going to.

One thing I know needs to be replaced on this car is the cat, would that cause this type of issue? I just dropped of my car with the mechanic for this issue, wondering if any one had an idea of what else it might be? Thanks!

04 EX Accord 4 Cylinder 140k miles

·
Registered
122 Posts
something similar happened on my old car which had a cold air intake. after winter, the filter was so clogged that the engine couldn't breathe and kept shutting off. might not be your problem, be just my experience with a similar issue. (check your filter?)

good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts