Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Accord EX-L 2.4L i4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I bought this car in July and so far so good everything has been running smooth as butter. knocks on wood The only concerns I have currently are a clicking noise coming from my steering wheel, which I am 99% sure is coming from the rack and not the axles; as well as an issue that has happened twice in which when I go to start the car and it’s in park sometimes on a hill sometimes not the computer thinks I’m in drive or reverse or something because I can’t turn the car over. Is this something I should be worried about? The electronics work fine though. I’m pretty new to the car scene and I’ve been doing my own maintenance such as changing spark plugs and oil and a couple cosmetic mods I just don’t want to end up with a hefty repair anytime soon. If you have any advice let me know, thank you.

·
Accord fan
99 Posts
Does the car start in neutral, or after you move the gear selector lever through all the gears?

If so, it is the neutral safety switch. Easy to replace.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 Accord EX-L 2.4L i4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the car start in neutral, or after you move the gear selector lever through all the gears?

In order to start the car I had to switch the key to ON and then put my foot on the brake and switch it into neutral so I could turn the car over. But like I said, this has only happened a couple times so is it even something I should be worried about?

·
Registered
2007 Accord EX-L 2.4L i4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Autozone tried to sell me a $200 starter but I was convinced that couldn’t be the issue as it’s started up fine before so I’m glad I got it to work, now I just need to know if the neutral safety switch is something I should look into replacing or not

·
Super Moderator
3,479 Posts
now I just need to know if the neutral safety switch is something I should look into replacing or not
Should you? You determine that. It can get to a point where it doesn't register that you're in neutral or park then you can start at all. I would get the car checked out by a mechanic to have an idea of the overall condition.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,241 Posts
Sorry if I offend anyone, but I try to avoid Autozone and dealers. Always an upsell, need it or not.

Reactions: Lazyboy4089

·
Registered
99 Posts
You could shift through gears and see the instrument panel to check if each gear registers properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts