Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys this happened twice already the car loses charge and I need to jump start the car,any one know what maybe beside the battery the dealer check it and they said it was fine.

P.S every time I start the car the panel blinks like it don't want to turn on.
any help highly appreciated thanks.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
10,160 Posts
Is this after running the stereo for hours? What time frame does it lose charge.....one day, two weeks? Obviously more information is needed here. Any dealer would need the same information.

·
I snapped my G string....
2,416 Posts
Are your battery terminals dirty or coroded? I should know something about that. I had to have my car jump started at a DA meet. My positive terminal was so coroded.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is this after running the stereo for hours? What time frame does it lose charge.....one day, two weeks? Obviously more information is needed here. Any dealer would need the same information.
the radio was not left on it just happens unespected. I jump started it worked but it happened again yesterday. the first time it happened was like a month ago. (1day)

·
1 UP
803 Posts
Are your battery terminals dirty or coroded? I should know something about that. I had to have my car jump started at a DA meet. My positive terminal was so coroded.
i remember that.

@ the OP, can you think of anything you may have left on? maybe its a temperature thing?

when you jump it, do you actually drive it for a little while, or leave the engine on? if you only drive it around for 5 mins after being jumped, it may not have gained enough juice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it could be the temperature cause its getting cold, but i run the car for a good 1.5 miles after i jumped it. so far its been good lets see if it happens again. thank for the feedback everyone.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Either something left on, bad battery, or alternator.

·
1 UP
803 Posts
it could be the temperature cause its getting cold, but i run the car for a good 1.5 miles after i jumped it. so far its been good lets see if it happens again. thank for the feedback everyone.
1.5 might not have been much.. i'd say go by time not distance atleast 15 mins, but at dealerships i see them allowing cars to idle for close to 30 mins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts