Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you have found a way to store items in your trunk.

I want to keep a few supplies in the trunk for touching up the car in between washes, such as a some water-less car wash spray, microfiber towels, wheel cleaner and interior wipes. I don't have the cargo net, but I don't really like the way it stretches across the entire trunk space, so I'm not really interested in getting it.

So far I have only thought of hanging a bag from one of my cargo hooks. This is less than ideal. I would rather have some sort of pocket on the side of the trunk. Any ideas?

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
My cousin bought one of those small plastic totes (the downsized version of the large plastic totes you store holiday decorations in) and he bought the two-sided velcro tape at one of those fabric stores.

1) Affix one part of the Velcro tape to the bottom of the tote.
2) Affix the other part of the Velcro tape to the top of the trunk's carpet.

Viola! A secure storage bin that you have to "tear off" if you want to remove the whole thing. It keeps stuff from flying around when you are doing high-speed maneuvers to outrun Johnny Law, and is not permanent.

I did this to my 7th Gen Accord except I used a cardboard box (ghetto mod).

·
Registered
167 Posts
Get something like this:
and call it a day. I have that bag and it holds a large amount of detailing supplies. I don't keep it in my car all the time but I'm sure you can figure out a cheap and easy way to secure it if you must.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My cousin bought one of those small plastic totes (the downsized version of the large plastic totes you store holiday decorations in) and he bought the two-sided velcro tape at one of those fabric stores.

1) Affix one part of the Velcro tape to the bottom of the tote.
2) Affix the other part of the Velcro tape to the top of the trunk's carpet.

Viola! A secure storage bin that you have to "tear off" if you want to remove the whole thing. It keeps stuff from flying around when you are doing high-speed maneuvers to outrun Johnny Law, and is not permanent.

I did this to my 7th Gen Accord except I used a cardboard box (ghetto mod).
This is good thinking. I actually did the same thing when I bought a 2nd hand subwoofer off of Craigslist. I was low on cash, and I didn't want to spend much time/money doing a custom install. I just bought some Velcro with a adhesive backing and the job was done. If I can't find another option, I might just do this.

·
Tampa FL
373 Posts
I actually bought the cargo net on sale from College Hills Honda thinking it was just plug and play; and dam, it takes like 2 hours to install and you have to tear half your trunk to do it, it is now collecting dust in my garage.

·
Registered
495 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually bought the cargo net on sale from College Hills Honda thinking it was just plug and play; and dam, it takes like 2 hours to install and you have to tear half your trunk to do it, it is now collecting dust in my garage.
Exactly my thoughts. I saw the install manual, and I was like.. okay no thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought this organizer, easy to use, install, and remove if needed. It also comes with a shoulder strap. Bottom attaches with velcro and it hasn't budged a bit since installation.

·
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS
1,369 Posts
I've been using milk crates from the container store and added velcro on the bottom. If I don't need a certain crate, I'll take it out and stack it in my garage.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Get the honda pilot trunk organizer, it connects to the net hooks, is sturdy and looks nice and best of all is that it folds flat when you need all the space for something big

·
Crosseyed and Gearless
298 Posts
I've been using milk crates from the container store and added velcro on the bottom. If I don't need a certain crate, I'll take it out and stack it in my garage.
Free is the best! I use a cardboard crate from Costco to put stuff in, works great for bags of groceries, or just about anything else, I actually like it much much better than the tangly cargo net in my other car that I paid $79 for!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS
1,369 Posts
Free is the best! I use a cardboard crate from Costco to put stuff in, works great for bags of groceries, or just about anything else, I actually like it much much better than the tangly cargo net in my other car that I paid $79 for!
I use Costco free boxes. The milk crates are good too because you can turn them upside down and use them to sit on. Great for fishing trips.

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
The milk crates are good too because you can turn them upside down and use them to sit on. Great for fishing trips.
...and for carrying milk! Why, there are thousands of uses for today's modern, and versatile milk crates.

It is a great time to be alive.

·
Registered
462 Posts
^^^^hahahahahaha:lmao:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts