Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Carputer Screen Molding *Worklog*

9K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  mwmcginn 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, Worked on this carputer bezel, for a member on the forums. Finished it in one day. I think it came out pretty nice, pics!

________
magic flight launch box review

See less See more
#3 ·
Love it!

#4 ·
A cool idea for a carputer would be one that can use either a phones EVDO over bluetooth capabilities, or one that can accpet one of the internet USB keys, or PC cards from wireless carriers.

#7 ·
Did you change your headunit to a 2006+ SE+ model?

#15 ·
nexson said:
Sure, PM me when your ready to attempt, I don't really want to spill my techniques/materials used all over the internet :thmsup:
I think if one is up to it all the techniques and materials are available all over the internet actually. mp3car.com has tons of threads about fiberglassing. But you won't go anywhere if you don't have the skills and patience and time to learn. Clearly this is what you're selling :yes:

I personally would pay for that instead of trying myself and probably end up spending even more on what won't look as professional as this :)

#16 ·
Cups said:
I think if one is up to it all the techniques and materials are available all over the internet actually. mp3car.com has tons of threads about fiberglassing. But you won't go anywhere if you don't have the skills and patience and time to learn. Clearly this is what you're selling :yes:

I personally would pay for that instead of trying myself and probably end up spending even more on what won't look as professional as this :)
Actually....no fiberglass is used, this is such a small scale project, there is no need for fiberglass, plus fiberglass and plastic don't bond to well... :thumbsup:
________
teen vid

#17 ·
It loos great even during the day...
ill post day pics when i get home from the trip this weekend..thanks brian..

anyone here ..i DO recommend NexSon for any of your fabrication needs..

now when are we gonna do your accord?

#18 ·
Didn't you say you were working on something for the cubby area that would have a screen but still allow the cubby door to be closed?

#21 ·
john07ex said:
It loos great even during the day...
ill post day pics when i get home from the trip this weekend..thanks brian..

anyone here ..i DO recommend NexSon for any of your fabrication needs..

now when are we gonna do your accord?

Thanks for the props man! I really can't wait to start working on that console, did you want me to go ahead and get you pricing details on the OEM piece from honda?

BTW that carputer, i want to have it around the end of the summer, after I finish working on all these projects, damn, I am excited!, Try and find me a used cheap xenarc screen, the one you have!
________
buy easy vape

#22 ·
As I said in the PM nexson this is SICK!!!

I have been looking at a Lilliput vga touchscreen, how does that compare with the xenarc - also, is that a 7" or 8"?

#23 ·
Hey guys, here is some new pics I found on my card, I have to say, hands down, this is one of the most interesting/highly advanced/impressive mods out for cars, and John takes it to the extend and knows how to use everything!, very knowledgeable! :banana:

#24 ·
This is the mod I've been wanting to do for a while now. Hopefully I'll be PMing you in the near future nexon to fab me up one of these cubby screens.

There's so much info on the subject that I've found on mp3car.com, I'm having info overload. If I can find a cheap alternative for getting the "puter" part, I'll definitely do this mod and whole carputer thing.

#25 ·
Help!!

Can someone please tell me if this is a 7" or 8", I have an opportunitty to buy a lilliput 8" touchscreen VGA unopened for $190 shipped, and another one that is opened for $170 shipped.

#26 ·
MotorCity Honda said:
Can someone please tell me if this is a 7" or 8", I have an opportunitty to buy a lilliput 8" touchscreen VGA unopened for $190 shipped, and another one that is opened for $170 shipped.
Pretty sure the opening only fits a 7 inch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.