Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
aka 'The Gif King'
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put back my OEM cat this morning for smog test (I obviously passed ofcourse) but for some reason, the car feels the same, power seems the same for me (note that i'm running TSX IM, TSX header, AEM CAI, TB Spacer... and i'm running stock exhaust)

Now i'm thinking of keeping the cat on, since it feels the same. MY RS*R Exmag cat-back exhaust is coming in next week. But I bought it as a Christmas present so I won't be installing it until after Christmas.

Anyway, my question is... is it aftermarket cat-back exhaust > test pipe/stock exhaust or the other way around?

·
Registered
129 Posts
The difference is depending on you, if the power feels the same(even though you should dyno and know you most used rpm range) then it is about sounds and looks. I believe in the green house affect so I am going with the cat.

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
You only gain 1-2 hp by swapping out cat for test pipe. Not worth the ticket, noise, or smog.

·
Registered
268 Posts
You only gain 1-2 hp by swapping out cat for test pipe. Not worth the ticket, noise, or smog.
some cars, lower powered smaller engines, will actually loose low end tq. Others don't have any peak gain over the stock cat, i've seen comparison dynos to back it up not some bs claim. So OP I think cat back will help more than the cat because you simply arent pushing enough to warrant a test pipe.
High flow cat + cat back = your best option.

·
aka 'The Gif King'
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some cars, lower powered smaller engines, will actually loose low end tq. Others don't have any peak gain over the stock cat, i've seen comparison dynos to back it up not some bs claim. So OP I think cat back will help more than the cat because you simply arent pushing enough to warrant a test pipe.
High flow cat + cat back = your best option.
Thanks bro... I appreciate the input. And yes, like I said, the butt dyno did not feel any power decrease when I put the stock cat back on.

So i'm keeping it on. 2 days so far with clean fresh air smell. :thmsup: :thumbsup: :salue:

·
Registered
268 Posts
No problem. See if you can sell it, I wouldn't even bother putting it back on. I'd rather have 50 bucks back in my pocket than 1hp peak gain, but thats just me.

·
Full Throttle
78 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm keeping the cat on... but that statement is definitely NOT the reason why :lmao: I could care less what they think (if I were to keep it on)
Its not about what they think.

Its about what they can do to limit us enjoying our hobby. Making more aftermarket parts illegal. Closing off-road trails. They're watching, and unfortunately we need to police ourselves a bit if we want automotive hobbies to survive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts