Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm gonna put in the extra cash and get a cat back. Ive been looking up videos for the megan, magna flow, and greddys, but they vary in quality, so I am not sure witch one sounds better. I know the megan is the only one that has the 3" piping as opposed to the stock 2.5. Would anyone with any of these give me their opinion. I am planning on keeping the resonator on.
Thanks!

·
Running NYC
991 Posts
I can't really compare the three but I myself have the MagnaFlow catback and I love it! But I removed the resonator.

·
09 Accord Ex Silver I4
47 Posts
you have to mention which car you have ( sedan , coupe , i4 , v6 ) for the coupe i4 the greddy sp elite ($655) is normally highly recommended but is the most expensive ( which mean it should have good resale value on the forums if you didnt like it ) , the v6 options i see advertised the most is an $500 some dollar magnaflow dual catback system and then there's like an $1k greddy system for the v6 too dont normally see too much forum activity on the megan's but im sure some search bar searching will solve that

there's also cheaper i4 options lying around on ebay j2 , obx etc but i dont see an lot of info on em cuz everyones so worried about the quality of them

·
Running NYC
991 Posts
You can always build your own from the cat back a nice custom setup 2.5 from the cat back no resonator to a y split to two mufflers of your choosing. A reliable ship shouldn't charge you too much to mandrel bend some piping.

·
Running NYC
991 Posts
I mean yea it's supposed to but you feep much of a difference unless you open up the breathing upfront runners intake etc you might gain a bit of hp but lose a bit of torque. It's mostly for sound at the end of the day.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've being doing my research on this as well.... if you want to see power gains throw in a jpipe with the cat. Prices are very steep right now... waiting for a sale on the Magnaflow Cat and hoping for one on the jpipe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts