Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pulling into my driveway tonight and when I started to turn, there was *different* noise (not grinding, but rubbing, but not exactly rubbing. I don't know how to describe it).

When I was backing in to the driveway, there was this piece: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5302271766/ in front of me.

I've done tons of googling, and I *think* it's the heat shield. Can anyone confirm my suspicions? I drive a 2000 Honda Accord EX V6.

If so, how do I know if it's the upper or lower heat shield?

I try to limp my way through with car stuff so I'm somewhat knowledgeable when I call my mechanic....
I'm at a complete loss with this though!

Thanks for your help!

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
I was pulling into my driveway tonight and when I started to turn, there was *different* noise (not grinding, but rubbing, but not exactly rubbing. I don't know how to describe it).

When I was backing in to the driveway, there was this piece: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5302271766/ in front of me.

I've done tons of googling, and I *think* it's the heat shield. Can anyone confirm my suspicions? I drive a 2000 Honda Accord EX V6.

If so, how do I know if it's the upper or lower heat shield?

I try to limp my way through with car stuff so I'm somewhat knowledgeable when I call my mechanic....
I'm at a complete loss with this though!

Thanks for your help!

jack the car up, and take a look, its probably both since theyre bolted to the cat, they rust out right on the corners, on my i4 it started making a racket, so i went under and saftey wired it back together, it worked for a month or so, it stared making the rattle again, so i jacked the car up, and removed it. havent had a problem since. since the bottom sheild was in your driveway on the ground, im goin to have to say the top one, is just rattling on the cat. if you look at the bottom shield close you will see what i have told you the corners are rusted off, the top is probably in the same condition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts