Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2013 EX-L V6-6MT
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a V6-6MT coupe. Recently, on the highway, I got up to between 5000 and 6000 rpm (I've never red-lined it). When I did this, there was a strong smell from the catalytic converter. Is this normal? Is it anything to worry about? It's never happened before. I've had the car since June, and I have had the ECON button on most of the time and never smelled it. I've also noticed the car feels different when accelerating with ECON off. It may just be in my head, but I really think I notice a difference. Is the smell related to the lack of ECON button?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Relax. You just made your car happy by turning off the Econ and giving her a good squeeze. Don't be afraid of that redline either ;)

·
2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe
18 Posts
Its a honda it can take a little redline here and there :) funny you should post this as since i've got some miles on my 2013 V6 6MT now i've been opening her open more and I noticed the smell as well you're mentioning I wouldn't worry about it at all most likely nothing more than a little break in for the catalytic converter running up the RPMs a bit. After a few hundred more miles i'd re-evaluate if the smell is still there then perhaps maybe a slight leak in the piping somewhere?

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
If there's a leak the CEL should come on. ECON kills the acceleration, it's not your imagination lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts