Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CD / Aux button on my Honda Accord stereo has stopped working so I can't access Aux mode for my ipod/Carlink Bluetooth system.

Everything else works, radio, CD mutil changer, skip track.

The only thing is has stopped doing is the 'scan' button won't whizz through the radio signals and lock on to a strong signal, I can only manually press either 'tune' or 'scan' to adjust the raido frequency.

Batery was changd yesterday but when I got back into the car the only thing I noticed was the 'scan' button not searching through the FM signals.

The CD / Aux button now won't switch from CD. It was working earlier today and when I got back into the car I could hear a buzzing/crackling noise.

Any ideas?

Many thanks for anyone who can provide some help/advice.

I have a UK 2005 Honda Accord Tourer/Estate

·
Registered
863 Posts
The CD / Aux button on my Honda Accord stereo has stopped working so I can't access Aux mode for my ipod/Carlink Bluetooth system.

Everything else works, radio, CD mutil changer, skip track.

The only thing is has stopped doing is the 'scan' button won't whizz through the radio signals and lock on to a strong signal, I can only manually press either 'tune' or 'scan' to adjust the raido frequency.

Batery was changd yesterday but when I got back into the car the only thing I noticed was the 'scan' button not searching through the FM signals.

The CD / Aux button now won't switch from CD. It was working earlier today and when I got back into the car I could hear a buzzing/crackling noise.

Any ideas?

Many thanks for anyone who can provide some help/advice.

I have a UK 2005 Honda Accord Tourer/Estate
Do you have the "Mode" button on the steering wheel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I do have the 'Mode' button but it switches to the radio then cycles through FM, MW and LW - then back to CD - but I can't access the Aux CDX setting for my ipod/bluetooth XCarlink.

I've read on another forum that as my battery was disconnected I may need to unplug the aux connector then plug it in again?

Thing is, the aux setting was working yesterday afternoon. I got out of the car for an hour, got back in and heard the noise/crackling and the aux button went back to CD when I pressed it, then I couldn't get it back to Aux.

Many thanks for any help.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Unless the module went bad and it won't switch to the aux device?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
kinda went through similar situation but if you have CD's in there

i'd start by taking them all out, then disconnect Neg Battery, re-enter Code and see if this works

·
Registered
5 Posts
Subscribing as I'm having the same issue. I also have the Premium Sound System and Navigation. Two weeks after buying my car I was given an iPhone which worked when accessed through the CDAUX or changer option. The screen displayed CD CHNGR (6cd in dash) and also the CDAUX. One day I accidentally bumped the DVD tray in the trunk while the ignition was on which bumped the DVD door open, causing the screen to go grey with the error message about having to close the DVD slot door. Once that happened my CDAUX option went away so I can no longer use my iPod cable. I don't know what brand of cable I have exactly as it was installed by the previous owner.

I'm tired of using the FM transmitter as the sound is no where near what the cable provides and it is also finicky. I'm hoping we can find a solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts