Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully got this function to work? If so, how did you set it up? I beleive I have it set up correctly, but still nothing on the HDD.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It asked once if I wanted to do it, I said yes and it always worked after ward.

Note that you can change the recording quality in the car system menus (not debug just the regular ones)

Also note that the manual says that if ignition is cut while recording CD to HDD, it might cause pauses between tracks

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
also, even at high recording quality, I compared 2 tracks from CD and HDD and the recorded one lost a lot in term of range. Highs were cut and bass was damped.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Explain more on this..... What I understood from this is "you're putting a CD in the car and ripping it to an HDD"? Or did I totally miss something here :| and an external drive or does my car have an HDD built in.... Haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
well my car has a 15 gb HDD in it yes (Touring V6 Sedan). First time I put a CD in there, the computer asked me if I wanted to store it on the HDD.

Didn't have to do anything special to have it working :/

·
Home of the Hunters
75 Posts
Once you put a cd in it asks the first time and it tells you the quality will not be the same. Are you trying with bought cd or burnt?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still Nada

Thanks for the replies. Once you have a CD in, there is a setting that asks if you want to record to HDD. Mine's set, so every CD I play should record to the HDD. None do. This is a nice piece of functionality that I payed for that I can't use.

The thumb drive is a good low cost alternative, but I should be able to use the mass storage installed in the car.

·
Registered
684 Posts
buy this: problem solved

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Flash-Drive-SDCZ33-032G-B35/dp/B00812F7O8

the small door hidding the USB ALMOST closes :)
Wow, that's awesome - 32GB of storage for $22. I have a flash drive or two almost this small physically, but only 8GB. Haven't paid attention to these recently.

Has anyone loaded one up and played it in the 9th gen?

Also, I bet you could take a dremel tool to the back of the door and notch it out enough that you could get it to close with this plugged in.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I do run all my music from this drive. Quality is as good as MP3 can get, which is much better than the car compressing software that stores it on the HDD.

Like I said earlier, same track played on HDD vs CD is night and day. I'm not using the HDD anymore, no reason at all.

As for the dremel, I do not think it would fit. Even though very little is missing, the plastic cover is very thin and sort of angled where the usb port is. I'll tell you that even if the door is not closed, it is not looking bad, neither is it rattling.

I'll go outside and take couple picts to show you

·
No PRND
583 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts