Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to this forum as I just purchased my 2012 V6 EX-L Accord (Sedan 5AT) this past September. From that time, I did small modifications such as: K&N typhoon intake, Magnaflow Catback exhaust, and a downpipe (j-pipe). With that said, I have an issue that I can' t really find an answer to and was hoping ya`ll can give me some tips or a place to start.

I got a CEL and scanned the codes reading: P0400. I took it to my local mechanics and they said it was an EGR code. I've had this two weeks after I installed my intake. I took it to my Honda dealership and after a three hour wait they told me they wouldn't look at my car until I put the stock parts back on. (Told me that my mods voided warranty, which is faulty, and blamed the CEL on my exhaust, which I did not install until weeks after the CEL even came on.)

Don't have the tools or the time to put back everything to stock. So any solutions?

Thank You!!

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
9,987 Posts
I got a CEL and scanned the codes reading: P0400. I took it to my local mechanics and they said it was an EGR code. I've had this two weeks after I installed my intake.

Don't have the tools or the time to put back everything to stock. So any solutions?
Put stock intake back on. CEL will likely go away.

Could be a bad/dirty MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor. Check/clean it.

You could also try removing the battery cable and wait a few minutes to try and reset things.

Seems like more people getting a CEL from intakes lately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn was really hoping I didn't have to take off my intake. Thanks though. And so there should be no problem with my egr right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts