Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wiping down my interior and noticed this. Used a damp microfiber towel but it didn't work. It's smooth to the touch if you run your finger over it. Permanent stain or any possible way to get it out ?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
What were you eating or drinking in your car? Or, did the bag containing your take out Chinese food leak?:D Try some windex with ammonia or another household cleaner. Spray the cleaner onto a paper towel and wipe it clean. The center console is plastic therefore it should be Ok.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol I have no clue what it is. Ammonia/windex did not work though. Anyone else have suggestions?

Btw noticed your from Dallas, I'm from Dallas as well!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where can I procure said item.

·
Dats da way to do...
354 Posts
try rubbing alcohol or spraying some brake cleaner on a rag and try wiping that off

·
Registered
214 Posts
Anyone been using hand sanitizer in the car? Thats what it looks like to me. I had something similar on a leather center armrest from someone dropping a blob of hand sanitizer on it. I thought it was ruined. But, I took a little bit more hand sanitizer on a microfiber towel and wiped it down and kept wiping until it evaporated off and remarkably it all came out.

I wouldnt use brake cleaner. I think that may may the situation worse, not to mention the smell will linger.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the suggestions I'll try a few out tonight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tried hand sanitizer on it didn't work. Rubbing alcohol didn't work. Didn't have any brake cleaner to try. And Texas doesn't have a lot of unicorns to get blood from. So far no luck. Going to look into autopia and see if they have any suggestions. Thing is I just don't know what the cause of it is.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts