Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, Was reading today in two different places that when the 8th Generation first came out there was an options package that included the wood trim center console. I saw this option listed for both 08 and 10 model years. Does anyone have this? Or now where to get one? I think this option would fit an 11 Sedan as well being that they did not change the interior. But I can not find this as an option on the 11's and can not find it on any parts or accessories websites. Think calling a few dealers might help find some leftover stock that is no longer any option? Anyone heard or seen this?:dunno:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
My brother has it in his 08 sedan and it looks pretty good. Whats nice about it its not plastic that looks like wood, its real wood. We both bought our cars from Huntington Honda.

·
Registered
210 Posts
There's two kits and I think you and I are thinking of the same thing. One is the three pieces that span the interior front of the car (basically the three wood pieces) and then another kit that replaces the silver pieces in your steering wheel. I'd get these, but my doors also have the non-matching wood trim that came with the car. Also, to install the steering wheel trim kit, you've got to take off the steering wheel, unhook the airbag, etc. Looks like a pain, but I think that's what you were looking for.

Interior Trim Kit
http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/2008-2009-honda-accord-sedan-wood-interior-trim-kit-4014.html

Steering Wheel Trim Kit
http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuin...edan-wood-grain-steering-wheel-trim-4015.html

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still searching

Thanks all for the imput...I got the steering wheel trim on the way from Honda accessories and the wood trim on the dash came with the car...What I am searching for is the actual center console where the drive shift and cup holders are. It has been a difficult search but I saw it advertised as an option on previous years. The parts you got from Huntigton Honda, was it the center (wood) section?? I am real interested in a shot of it...:thumbsup:

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
219 Posts
I am going to try to copy and paste the link for everyone to see..Scroll down to WT options and states wood center floor console...http://www.automotive.com/2008/12/honda/accord/packages/index.html
It looks like in that link you provided, that the wood paneling is a dealer installed option (Note the "dealer" in parenthesees). My guess is that what is applied is a sticker of some sort, check out this link on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-ACCORD-2008-2009-SEDAN-4-DOOR-WOOD-DASH-TRIM-KIT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZYearQ3a2008Q7cModelQ3aAccordQQhashZitem45e97ceabcQQitemZ300270021308QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

My guess is something like the above is what you are seeing.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Thanks all for the imput...I got the steering wheel trim on the way from Honda accessories and the wood trim on the dash came with the car...What I am searching for is the actual center console where the drive shift and cup holders are. It has been a difficult search but I saw it advertised as an option on previous years. The parts you got from Huntigton Honda, was it the center (wood) section?? I am real interested in a shot of it...:thumbsup:
Yes it was the center section and the dealer did install it. In fact they didnt have it when he picked up the car so they sent an installer to install it at his house. I just saw him last night at a wake but dont know when I will see him again. He lives 45 minutes away from me. I will try and get him to send me a pic for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There's two kits and I think you and I are thinking of the same thing. One is the three pieces that span the interior front of the car (basically the three wood pieces) and then another kit that replaces the silver pieces in your steering wheel. I'd get these, but my doors also have the non-matching wood trim that came with the car. Also, to install the steering wheel trim kit, you've got to take off the steering wheel, unhook the airbag, etc. Looks like a pain, but I think that's what you were looking for.

Interior Trim Kit
http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/2008-2009-honda-accord-sedan-wood-interior-trim-kit-4014.html

Steering Wheel Trim Kit
http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuin...edan-wood-grain-steering-wheel-trim-4015.html

Lol, I love the picture for the Steering Wheel Trim Kit. Looks like somebody tried to color the silver plastic with one of those wood scratch touchup crayons. Thats not what it really looks like, right?

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wood grain

Thanks everyone for the help...I called the dealer today and they could not tell me what type of wood grain I have on the dash. They said they don't know...I was thinking of adding some pieces from a dash kit if I can not find a real complete wood grain floor center console. I asked whether it would be Burlwood, maple, etc because on the kits there are a lot of choices of color..I want to match what I have on the door handles and dash trim. They said there is no record of it and do not know what I have. Is this acceptable? Or should I make a big deal about it. How could they not know what they sold me 2 months ago?? I am getting fed up with this dealer. I also get different price quotes from different people...UUGGGRRRR:paranoid:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Lol, I love the picture for the Steering Wheel Trim Kit. Looks like somebody tried to color the silver plastic with one of those wood scratch touchup crayons. Thats not what it really looks like, right?
LOL yeah, I would like to see actual pictures of what this really looks like

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trim

I received the steering wheel trim and it is going right back...It looks NOTHING like the pictures. It is literally a piece of brown plastic that looks like someone took a paint brush and painted with wood stain across the plastic. One Swipe. It is dark, dar, Chocolate in color. Looks like a painted toy. Doesn't match any wood grains in our cars. And it came from a Honda Dealer so that is what they are apssing off as wood grain.:rant:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts