Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I've heard many many times that ceramic tint is the best tint out there hands down. But after researching I see there are different brands of ceramic, so now I'm torn on best brand of ceramic to get. My first choice 1. Huper optik 2. Llumar ceramic 3. Formula 1 pinnacle and of course I can go on but those are some of the brands I'm thinking about getting. So now my question is is there one that is recommended as better than the other because all I see is a price difference? With huper being $350 and pinnacle like $300 and llumar $200+. Should I just now base it off price, look, or performance?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I went with the Formula One Pinnacle Series Ceramic Tint and was able to get it done for less than $300. The look, performance, and protection are great and the lifetime warranty was a plus. Any scratches, fading, bubbling, etc. get you a warranty replacement. Others will disagree and say tint is tint so it will boil down to what you feel comfortable with. Any of your choices should be fine but I am biased towards the Formula One Series.

·
Registered
71 Posts
+1 in the pinnacle. Went with it for the same reason. Lifetime TRANSFERRABLE warranty. I paid a little more but don't regret it, looks great. And yes Ceramic is the way to go, after that it really is up to you.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The #1 shop in my area uses formula one. Ive had all of my cars done there over the last 16 years and have never had any issues with any of the tint jobs. i dont know what they used to use but i know that my accord was done witht the aforementioned tint.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went with the Formula One Pinnacle Series Ceramic Tint and was able to get it done for less than $300. The look, performance, and protection are great and the lifetime warranty was a plus. Any scratches, fading, bubbling, etc. get you a warranty replacement. Others will disagree and say tint is tint so it will boil down to what you feel comfortable with. Any of your choices should be fine but I am biased towards the Formula One Series.
Ok. I know the other tint shop you mentioned to me uses llumar ceramic and I forget the name of the other tint shop that uses formula one, but it's not the shop you use. I pretty much had already digressed on the huper optik because I had to drive an hour and 30 mins to get it. But thanks for the input..

Another question does the pinnacle tint give that reflective look on the outside? Almost like a smoked gray mirror tint that's not real ghetto looking? (No offense) I kinda liked that look that I seen on another charcoal gray car. Let me find a pic.

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
Another question does the pinnacle tint give that reflective look on the outside? Almost like a smoked gray mirror tint that's not real ghetto looking? (No offense) I kinda liked that look that I seen on another charcoal gray car. Let me find a pic.
No it does not.

Huper Optik is overpriced IIHO, go-ahead if you got money to spend to help out the economy, but Formula One is what I have on both of my cars, very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Looks like this....

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like this....
Ah ok! That looks good!! What percent is that? 35%

No it does not.

Huper Optik is overpriced IIHO, go-ahead if you got money to spend to help out the economy, but Formula One is what I have on both of my cars, very happy with it.
Lol! I got it to spend but I keep thinking...$350 for tint on a car? Seems kinda like overkill, I just prefer not to spend it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Llumar CTX ceramic tint is pretty good, had our '13 tinted in 30% all around for $250.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Ah ok! That looks good!! What percent is that? 35%
Thank you. Yes, it's 35% all around. You've got Tennessee Tints on Summer Av and they do the tint for a lot of high end cars and ones owned by the Memphis Grizzlies. There's also Sound Waves on Stage Rd and they do the tint jobs for Wolfchase Honda.

·
Freelance Gynecologist
215 Posts
They are all good.

I have the Llumar ceramic and I'm pretty happy with it. Its of good quality, keeps my car cool in the summer; its more of a mirrored black. Pinnacle is more of a smoked grey, I noticed a little less mirroring effect in that. Huper tends to have a blueish hue, the film is particularly thick. It works great for heat rejection, but when I was doing my research I heard of it being so thick that some window motors failed prematurely. I'm not saying that will be the case for you, but talk to the installer. I believe its a little more work to get it installed nice and clean too because of how thick it is.

Realistically, I'd worry more about the quality of the shop installing the tint than any of the tint films you mentioned.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
^^^ Got any pics? I'd like to see what the LLumar looks like on your car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are all good.

I have the Llumar ceramic and I'm pretty happy with it. Its of good quality, keeps my car cool in the summer; its more of a mirrored black. Pinnacle is more of a smoked grey, I noticed a little less mirroring effect in that. Huper tends to have a blueish hue, the film is particularly thick. It works great for heat rejection, but when I was doing my research I heard of it being so thick that some window motors failed prematurely. I'm not saying that will be the case for you, but talk to the installer. I believe its a little more work to get it installed nice and clean too because of how thick it is.

Realistically, I'd worry more about the quality of the shop installing the tint than any of the tint films you mentioned.
Yes I would like to see a pic as well please.

Llumar CTX ceramic tint is pretty good, had our '13 tinted in 30% all around for $250.
Do you have any pics? I would like to see it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Certainly not all tint is the same. Ceramic i great and I'l had it on my car here in Houston TX for 7 years now. I had HO installed the day I bought my car and it has been rock solid in the TX heat and Sun for 7 years. I roll my drivers window down every day I go to work and not a single scratch. No wrinkles, no fading (that I can tell anyway). Yes it was more expensive but over 7 years it has been well worth it. Will other newer tints perform the same? Sure I suppose. Not many people install two different tints on their cars and see how they perform over time. All I can say for me is that the HO tint has been the best tint I've ever had.

The tint on my wife's car is the same age. It was cheap, not HO (can't even remember what brand) but it is wrinkling now and looking aged.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts