Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just picked up a 2018 EXL 1.5 with 8k miles to replace my 12 EXL with about 120k.
Figured 24k was good price so didn't fight too much.

Glad to do the upgrade since 12 needed some maintenance including various body issues, struts, tranny acting up sometimes, second starter having issues, brakes, etc.
Like the lines and the CHAMPAGNE FROST PEARL looks reallly good.
Got a certified car with tint, trunk mat, wheel locks, and sunroof deflector (which I took off before I drove home).
I live in florida and have very little hair left. Seems sort of silly to open the sunrrof when I need a hat. My dermatologist would have a fit. HAHA!
Ther deflector left a faint outline after removal. Any ideas?

Also going to take some time to figure out all the new technology. My old car had 5 speed and 2.4 engine.
And the safety stuff will take some time also.

Ninth Honda since early 70s.
Have a great day!
JD

·
Registered
927 Posts
Ther deflector left a faint outline after removal. Any ideas?
If the outline is adhesive residue, 3M Adhesive Remover will take it off quickly. If it's etched paint, you'll probably need to use an abrasive polish to level the clear. Any good detailer can handle this for you, or you can find lots of info online about how to tackle this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the outline is adhesive residue, 3M Adhesive Remover will take it off quickly. If it's etched paint, you'll probably need to use an abrasive polish to level the clear. Any good detailer can handle this for you, or you can find lots of info online about how to tackle this.
Thanks for info. tried some polishing compound and no luck. Off to the detailer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts