Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased a car that was a certified pre-owned Honda.
It was certified 2011, when the 2nd owner purchased it. It had a 3rd owner before me. With certified cars, the powertrain warranty is 7yr 100,000 miles. My car is a 2008 Accord and it's at 85k miles now, is my warranty still valid? I know Honda says that warranties are transferable between private owners. Do I need to provide a proof for my warranty? Or can the Honda dealer track it with my VIN?

Thanks!

·
Vroom! Vroom!
37 Posts
Just go to your local honda dealer and ask them about your warranty give them your VIN number they should be able to pull everything up and tell you

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Transfer
Upon the sale of the vehicle (private party-to private party), this warranty is transferred and coverage is afforded to the new owner for the balance of the 12 months or 12,000 miles (7 years/100,000 miles on the powertrain). The American Honda Warranty Department should be notified of any change in ownership. A warranty transfer card (attached to this Honda Certified Warranty Booklet) must be completed and sent to American Honda Motor to affect the warranty transfer.

7-Year/100,000-Mile powertrain limited warranty
■ Coverage begins from the original date of the new-car sale.
■ Covers engine, transmission and drive system.

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/certified-used/downloads/HCUC-warranty-booklet.pdf

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
So I recently purchased a car that was a certified pre-owned Honda.
It was certified 2011, when the 2nd owner purchased it. It had a 3rd owner before me. With certified cars, the powertrain warranty is 7yr 100,000 miles. My car is a 2008 Accord and it's at 85k miles now, is my warranty still valid? I know Honda says that warranties are transferable between private owners. Do I need to provide a proof for my warranty? Or can the Honda dealer track it with my VIN?

Thanks!

To answer your question simply... Yes, VIN will pull all the important info in regards to warranty, past service don by Honda, and recalls.

I have a certified 09 that was purchased in January 2010. At the time of purchase, they calculate warranty at the time of 1st owner purchase. It is up to the second owner to opt for extending the warranty. If not, then the period end at 7 years after the 1st owners purchase.

Our power train ends the end of Nov 2015, since the car was first sold in Nov 2009. Yours being a year earlier may have ended or will very soon depending on how early or late it was first sold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts